Quantcast

Dacono BMX- cross training

Dacono BMX

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
I wanted to let everyone know that we will be starting our race season very soon. The 1st "gate" practice will be Tuesday, March 8th @ 4:30pm and every Tuesday after(weather permitting) and racing starts Saturday, March 12th. We just completed a rebuild with great changes to over half of the track. The track is open to the public dawn to dusk, we just ask people not to ride during wet conditions. We would love to share our track with the mountain bike community and help you guys with your "cross-training". If you have any questions visit us @ www.DaconoBMX.com.

Jason Bingham
Dacono BMX-
Home of ABA's "Mile High Nationals"

Dacono BMX

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
We will run gate practice until dark, which will give us a couple hours until daylight savings hit.

I need to learn more about mountain bike racing-- I love to ride my hard-tail -- I'm not good going downhill-- too much of a wimp! Is there racing that is similar to BMX-- is there a "gate" start? My goal this year is to learn more about mt. bike racing-- my 11 yr. old is interested-- he takes after his mother and has no fear! Is he too young?

keeping kids "clean in the dirt"

Jason
Dacono BMX

dwj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2005
colorado
the "mountain cross, or 4x" is basicly a downhill bmx race, but with only four riders at time using a gate start. the courses are usually a little rougher, and one or two turns with out berms. there is a series of races in nathrop that starts at the end of march.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I'll add to what dwi said.

The biggest thing about 4x racing is how much the track can vary location to location. The idea, concieved a few years ago, was to have something more like Boarder X/Skier X where the jumps are big, the turns high speed, and passing happening all the time. The ideal bike was supposed to be a 7" mini DH bike.

However, it turned into a combination of BMX and dual slalom. Where getting out front and controlling the race is the name of the game only because passing cleanly is very difficult, the jumps resemble something off of a tighter BMX course, and the corners are tight...still fun, just needs ome work IMO

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
To continue the info on 4X racing, most of the regional 4X events use an NBL cadance for the gate start, where at the National level 4X is started using a "random gate" cadence, as in the gate is dropped anytime within 5 or so seconds from when the "riders ready" is called. It makes for interesting starts, for sure.

Dacono BMX

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
We can stimulate the random start by turning the speaker down on the box. I don't know if anyone would be interested but if a couple or group of riders wanted to practice random starts I would be willing to set it up.

Jason
Dacono BMX

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I think you'de have many people interested in working gates, I know I'de be down if I wasn't broken right now, Come April, I'll be looking to get in on that.