Quantcast

Dacono BMX track

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I headed over to Dacono BMX track today. It is a great track and it is only 10 minutes from my house. When I got there the gate was set up, the starthouse was playing music there were several bikes around and I was left a touch confused.
Turns out the Dacono BMX track, like many BMX tracks is city funded. Today was a little city appreciation day. So the woman that runs the track (Stacy i think) was running gates for the city workers to come play. She was also sending out the info to, telling them how many people the track draws and all kinds of info.
I was just taking it easy and when the city workers showed up they were a bike short, so I lent my bike to the Police Department "team" It was fun to watch an officer with a gun and a vest with full uniform riding my bike around the track! :p They were having fun and it was fun to run a couple with them. It was good to see them getting into it.

Anyhow that was my fun experience of the day. Tomorrow they are having their last race of the season. I forgot to ask if MTN Bikes could run cruiser class or not, but it hasn't seemed to be a problem so far this year.

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
If you want to race BMX in cruiser class, there are 2 races today (sat) at the Longmont track(not far from Dacono) registration from 3-4:00 race#1 at 5:00 and race#2 shortly following. 45 bucks for a year liscense and 5 bucks per race. It'll be fun. Also, there is a race at sky high BMX in Arvada tomorrow morning. dont know what time, but it should be on the NBL website http://www.nbl.org/nb...ish/trackcolorado.htm the phone number for longmont is 3037744994. Once you get your liscense, there are races indoors at loveland Co all winter

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
awesome, thanks. Thats a pretty sweet website. by the way kyle, I meant that the race is at Aurora 2, not sky high sorry.
I was out at dacono today and that place is always so much fun, I dont know why I dont go there more often.

BOULDER NEEDS A BMX TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!