Quantcast

Dadburnit...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Three out of the four windows in my 2009 Fit decided to get stuck in the down position yesterday afternoon. Forecast for the next week? Rain. W.T.F.O...
A car that size, you should be able to just drive it into that panel van and leave it there for the week...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Same thing happened to my Toaster (Honda Element). I checked the fuses and they were fine. Took it to the dealer thinking it was a motor needing to be replaced under warranty. Got down there and one of the mechanics pressed a button that looks like a window with an "X" through it. Turns out someone else had pressed it. I had no idea that the car had that feature.

Derp.

isn't it dagburnit?
:think: Not unless you're into some usage whaich has heretofore escaped my attention...

1. To dadburn
Function: verb
Definition: to curse
Etymology: "Dad" is a substitute for "God" in turn-of-the-century Southern U.S. vernacular. "Godburn" certainly sounds like Old-Testament-style divine retribution; ie, to curse.
Use it in a sentence: "Dadburned boll weevil done 'et my crop!"

Read the full text here: http://mentalfloss.com/article/14974/how-swear-old-prospector#ixzz2WPo1EGv5
--brought to you by mental_floss!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I used to do supervisor duty at roadside assistance dispatch for Ford. We had people try to get towed when they blew the air shocks in their Lincoln's. You'd tell them how to reset it in the truck, then they "couldn't find it" and have a tow company in a 450 diesel come out to push it for them.

I have many others, but I don't recall this one being one of them. I'm sure there was a rain soaked blue hair somewhere this happened to. :think:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I like to flip the child-safety door lock on the inside edge of the passenger doors so that the next person who gets in the car gets locked in.