Quantcast

Dainese Trail Skin PRO...anyone try them?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
The 'pro' version look like the follow up to the 'Trail skins 2'. Based on what I can see, the sleeve or the sock goes up higher on the leg, which I like. I currently use RF Ambush pads as well as G-Form Elite knee pads for the warmer, more pedal-y days. They both have their pluses and minuses but there's some nostalgia when it comes to Dainese for me (I still have my Viking bibs!).

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I am using the OG Trail Skins and like them. For hot summer days these are my go to pads. Did try on the TS 2 and decided against upgrading to them mainly because of the open structure. Even on mine the front wheel manages to throw sand up that gets stuck inside the tiny holes and then rubs the skin. I was worried that the more articulated ventilation holes might increase this. No experience with the Pro.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I've been on the same set of Ambush pads for a few seasons...I mostly use them for Whistler when I get a chance (or find the motivation to fight traffic) to get up there. The problem with the Ambush is the knee cup isn't tight against the knee joint.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've been on the same set of Ambush pads for a few seasons...I mostly use them for Whistler when I get a chance (or find the motivation to fight traffic) to get up there. The problem with the Ambush is the knee cup isn't tight against the knee joint.
I have a pair that I have been riding in for 4 years. I have them on for my regular trail rides 90% of the time. I werecked in them countless times. I had to wash them twice as they started chaffing my knees. They just refuse to die. I have another pair that I bought on sale for next to nothing and they are still waiting for action.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Another Ambush fan. Super comfy, don’t slip and durable. Used to do a lot of pedaling in them and never had an issue other than being a little bulky. Now I have some light pads for daily trail riding and keep the Ambush pads for bigger days.