Quantcast

Dakine Sequence 33L

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ø F-Stop // Adventure Photography Camera Packs and Bags - 253.236.0070 ø

Only photo pack that you will ever need. If you buy anything else, you have just wasted your money.
Oh give me a break. Absolute nonsense. I've used bags form pretty much every manufacturer out there in over 1o years of working in the field. F stop is just another bag company with a few fanboys who like to suck their dicks. They make good bags, sure. But so do another half dozen manufacturers, including lowe pro, who has been making camera bags for longer than you have been alive. And to add to that, the F stop bags I have seen are nothing more than nice backpacks, with a dakine style camera block for your gear.

The Dakine Sequence is a pretty good bag. I use mine for backcountry snowboard jobs, as well as riding. With the camera block, things stay nicely protected. There's ski, snowboard, probe & shovel spots, and plenty of room for some food and extra layers.

Only downside is the weight sits low, so for hiking, not ideal. For snowboarding (which is what it was designed for), it's fantastic. It works equally well for riding due to the lower weight profile.

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Oh give me a break. Absolute nonsense. I've used bags form pretty much every manufacturer out there in over 1o years of working in the field. F stop is just another bag company with a few fanboys who like to suck their dicks. They make good bags, sure. But so do another half dozen manufacturers, including lowe pro, who has been making camera bags for longer than you have been alive. And to add to that, the F stop bags I have seen are nothing more than nice backpacks, with a dakine style camera block for your gear.

The Dakine Sequence is a pretty good bag. I use mine for backcountry snowboard jobs, as well as riding. With the camera block, things stay nicely protected. There's ski, snowboard, probe & shovel spots, and plenty of room for some food and extra layers.

Only downside is the weight sits low, so for hiking, not ideal. For snowboarding (which is what it was designed for), it's fantastic. It works equally well for riding due to the lower weight profile.
No, give me a break. I have been using my F Stop gear as a photojournalist being shot at in Iraq and afghanistan, backcountry ski and snowboarding shoots, backpacking trips, bike shoots, etc and it has been the best packs that I have used for photography in 16 years.

For hiking, snowboarding, skiing, bike riding, combat photo, band shoots and everything else, the bags are incredibly comfortable, form fitting to your back, and look great, plus it is a great bag to take out the block and use as a regular backpack.

I have been using F stop bags since the first day they came out and I will never go back to anything else. Does that mean that I am a fanboy, then so be it.

Why would you want a photo pack with a major downside of sitting low and not ideal for hiking??? Comfort is one of the main keys of a pack.

Step away from the computer screen, stow your fixed 300mm for a few minutes and calm down. Everything is going to be OK.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
What kind of photo gear are you looking to carry? The Sequence doesn't look like it takes a hydration bladder, so if you are hoping to use it as a riding/hiking pack you might be out of luck.

And if you do decide to go with the F-stop, good luck. I was waiting for ~6 months trying to get my hands on one with no success. They are perpetually out of stock.

Last edited:

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Thanks for the info. I'd be using this for the occasional short ride where I can carry bottles instead so I'm not worried about hydration, hiking and general travel. I often carry a Crumpler messenger bag with their photo bucket but all the weight on one shoulder sucks. It's nice for a light load of gear and easy to access everything but pretty inconvenient for everything else.

I'd like a pack where I can fit a 7d with grip, 70-200/2.8, 17-50/2.8, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, 1.4x and a 15" laptop. This is purely a hobby that I try to squeeze in amongst all the other hobbies and I can get a good price on either Dakine or Crumpler packs not that I won't consider others.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
No, give me a break. I have been using my F Stop gear as a photojournalist being shot at in Iraq and afghanistan, backcountry ski and snowboarding shoots, backpacking trips, bike shoots, etc and it has been the best packs that I have used for photography in 16 years.

For hiking, snowboarding, skiing, bike riding, combat photo, band shoots and everything else, the bags are incredibly comfortable, form fitting to your back, and look great, plus it is a great bag to take out the block and use as a regular backpack.

I have been using F stop bags since the first day they came out and I will never go back to anything else. Does that mean that I am a fanboy, then so be it.

Why would you want a photo pack with a major downside of sitting low and not ideal for hiking??? Comfort is one of the main keys of a pack.

Step away from the computer screen, stow your fixed 300mm for a few minutes and calm down. Everything is going to be OK.
Cool story bro.

See comment about a few guys who like to suck their dicks. Usually due to free or discounted packs.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Thanks for the info. I'd be using this for the occasional short ride where I can carry bottles instead so I'm not worried about hydration, hiking and general travel. I often carry a Crumpler messenger bag with their photo bucket but all the weight on one shoulder sucks. It's nice for a light load of gear and easy to access everything but pretty inconvenient for everything else.

I'd like a pack where I can fit a 7d with grip, 70-200/2.8, 17-50/2.8, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, 1.4x and a 15" laptop. This is purely a hobby that I try to squeeze in amongst all the other hobbies and I can get a good price on either Dakine or Crumpler packs not that I won't consider others.
You can easily fit WAY more than that in a sequence. No laptop compartment though. When I use mine it regularly carry:

3 x 1dmk3
3 x flash
5 x PW
1 x 300 2.8 IS
1 x 70-200 2.8 IS
1 x 17-40
1 x 15mm Fish
1 x 50mm
1 x 1.4x Extender
1 x Sekonic lightmeter
1 x fistful of cables
1 metric ton of AA batteries and various other random **** including about a half dozen cliff bars.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i have the last gen Sequence and love it. and the camera block does hold a ton like Transcend said too. i can easily hold all my photo gear and 2-3 of my HD video cams (though i dont have as much stuff as him....u were able to fit 3 full frame bodies in there w/ those lenses??)
i use it for hiking and dont mind that it sits a bit lower on my back then my lowepro, particularly since its so well to your back and it fairly wide. the rain cover is something i also wish i had on mine along with the laptop holder like the new one has. i also wish the straps were easier to carry a mono pod or flash stand too

edit: this is the one i have

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i have the last gen Sequence and love it. and the camera block does hold a ton like Transcend said too. i can easily hold all my photo gear and 2-3 of my HD video cams (though i dont have as much stuff as him....u were able to fit 3 full frame bodies in there w/ those lenses??)
i use it for hiking and dont mind that it sits a bit lower on my back then my lowepro, particularly since its so well to your back and it fairly wide. the rain cover is something i also wish i had on mine along with the laptop holder like the new one has. i also wish the straps were easier to carry a mono pod or flash stand too
I also have the older pack, btw.

1.3 crop, but yes. Not everything has to go in the block. 300 2.8 sits on top of it. Flashes go in outside pocket, light meter in top pocket etc. Creative packing! :)

No laptop holder and tripod pocket don't really bother me, but I can see why it'd bother some. I use mine explicitly for outdoor activities, where I won't be carrying either of those. If i am just flying or need to carry a laptop etc, I have other bags for that. I use a camelbak raincover on mine, it'd be nice if it had a built in one like just about every lowepro pack in existence.

As far as camera specific bags go, I have to say Lowepro is basically untouchable. If they had a bag that fit like the Dakine for riding etc - I'd be all over it.

My normal workbags consist of specially modified Camelbak Military stuff (thanks Seth!) Completely bombproof, excellent fit, raincovers, pockets all over, bladder holders etc. If you have a decent camera block (which Dakine sells separately) you can use pretty much any bag that you want that fits well.

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

Ok, as an objective outside perspective I'm going to have to side with Transcend on this one. Yes, your "F-stop" may be one of the best or maybe even "the best" bags out there, but to his point, that still does not mean that any other bag is a waste of $$. And as he stated, a bag can sit high and it can sit low... and you might WANT it in a certain place for a certain activity. For hiking you want it high. For boarding/biking low.

Your initial comment would be akin to someone saying that "Lance Armstong rode a trek... he was the best, so they are the best, so any other bike is a waste of money." That logic just doesn't fly though.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

Ok, as an objective outside perspective I'm going to have to side with Transcend on this one. Yes, your "F-stop" may be one of the best or maybe even "the best" bags out there, but to his point, that still does not mean that any other bag is a waste of $$. And as he stated, a bag can sit high and it can sit low... and you might WANT it in a certain place for a certain activity. For hiking you want it high. For boarding/biking low.

Your initial comment would be akin to someone saying that "Lance Armstong rode a trek... he was the best, so they are the best, so any other bike is a waste of money." That logic just doesn't fly though.