Quantcast

Daley Ranch

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Just so you know, Daley Ranch was in the Escondido City Council agenda last night and that council voted 4-1 to get more public input on what to do with the ranch for its future use.

Word around the campfire (ok, from developers), that the park (city owned) will ultimately be used as a mitigation bank with credits for developers to buy into for their projects in the City. This is a good thing since the land will be preserved undeveloped but may be a bad thing since it will ultimately be managed by conservancy group/s which may or may not allow access/use of the park/conservation easement.

Just some bike-related stuff I picked up from a developer's meeting this morning. -bah!

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Interesting....well, if you hear of any public hearings or addresses where they want people to send their input, let us know.

Thanks for the info!

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
San Diego area, California, USA
I'll see if i can get more info. My pops works for the Corps of Engineers - Regulatory branch.......basically he deals w/ permiting land for certain usages (grading, filling, constructing, etc). In turn he deals w/ mitigation banks & such. I'm not sure if Daley Ranch is in his area, but i'm sure he might know, or can find out something about it. As far as permitting usage for mtbers....he wouldn't have any idea about that issue