Quantcast

Dali's Mind, or Our Disordered Household

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Looks like somebody might be a hoarder. It's a subset of OCD. My mom has finally realized that she is one and is starting to look for help with it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm a hoarder too. I'm a horrible consumer and don't buy much stuff but find myself incapable of getting rid of things. I could open up my own cardboard box and half worn tire museum. I've come to the conclusion that a fire is the only thing that can save me.

You deserve to be sainted.

I'm a bit of a pack rat, but I would have run screaming long before now. :twitch:

You guys must eat out a lot, eh? :D
I do the cooking and for the most part give the heave ho to anything that makes its way into the kitchen. The disorder was more intense than usual because we had an air conditioning unit installed, and I gave the crew full leave to bulldoze in order to do their work. H bitches at me for not cleaning house except for bathrooms and kitchen and my position is that until the crap is removed I'm out of the general cleaning business. The situation is at an impasse. I would be elated if she made the decision to get help.