Quantcast

Dallas area rides?

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
hey monkeys,

it looks like i'll be staying in arlington, tx around new year's weekend visiting my girlfriend's family... most likely 12/30/04 - 1/2/05. i want to get in some kind of riding while i'm out there... preferably some DH/FR if there is any. otherwise, i'll just bring my trail bike. any recommendations? i'll either be bringing my iron horse SGS FR or my santa cruz blur depending on what's available. i'm really regreting right now that i didn't pack up my IH and bring it with me to las vegas last weekend to ride bootleg canyon and instead rode a rented heckler on the XC trails... i'm trying to make the most of our east coast (DC) winters.

i should be able to borrow a car/truck and would like to find somewhere within 1-2 hours of arlington/dallas. i've read up on some of the stuff listed on dorba's website, but that's all XC riding.

thanks in advance.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
tickets have been bought. i'll be in TX from the night of the 28th - the afternoon on the 1st.

i plan to ride on the 29th or 30th somewhere... hopefully.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I agree. Everything else is XC riding. You could probably hit 3 or 4 different trails with in the 2 hour range your looking for, but again it's all XC.