Quantcast

dammit

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
why would the Calexico and Iron & Wine show be sold out tonight? ruined my night. wife picked me up from work, we drove to the city, parked and grabbed a quick, fairly weak burger and beer @ beer works. walked the few hundred yard to the concert venue and saw the dreaded words "SOLD OUT" on the side of the building. ? we've seen calexico three times (last time was a year ago, and it was probably at half capacity in a ~600 ppl room club) and now they sell out a ~1000 person club on the coldest night of the year? who woulda thought that was possible?

:angry: :mad: :mad: :mad: :dead:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Calexico rocks man and people are starting to figure that out with their music being in hollywood movies and all.

How come you didn't scalp? I almost always find some reasonably priced tickets to a show even if it's sold out.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Bummer man. Calexico is really starting to get some buzz (because they deserve it and all).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
punkassean said:
How come you didn't scalp? I almost always find some reasonably priced tickets to a show even if it's sold out.
it was freakin' cold last night (6F w/ wind chill) and i needed two tickets. didn't seem worth it.

as noted, we've seen 'em 3 times already, and while I&W are ok, i did learn afterward that they might have been headlining; the calexico board had some posts where Calexico's setlist was a paltry 8 songs. so maybe it's better i did miss the show.