Quantcast

Damn Contractors!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So I just moved into a new apartment with my girlfriend. Its really nice, Central AC, Dishwasher, Washing Machine, etc. And everything works too, or so I thought!

So whenver I do laundry and the AC kicks on, the little closet that holds the Air Mover and Laundry machines gets really cold. I figured there was a hole in one of the ducts coming out of the AC unit, so I checked, and it was fine. Today, I really wanted to know what was going on, so I started to investigate. After climbing on top of the washing machine, I realized the cold air was coming from where the duct goes into the wall to get out of the closet. Upon closer inspection, I narrowed it down and took off one of the vent covers on that wall and come to find that THE HOLE IN THE WALL IS IN THE WRONG DAMN PLACE! They cut a hole in the wall about 6" off of where the hole in the duct is. For the past half a month i've lived here, we've been paying to cool the inside of the walls! I mean seriously, how hard is it to line up to gaping holes with each other?!

I have covered the hole in the vent with some cardboard, the rest of the apartment is WAY cooler, and my landlord is going to get a very interesting call tomorrow!