Quantcast

Damn Crackheads....

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Walked out to my truck this AM to find glass on the ground. The broke my passenger side flip-out vent window. Guess they broke it with somthing hard... poss a hammer b/c the dumbasses missed once and hit the door, put a big dent in it.

The glove box was open, and random papers pushed around and pulled out. The took my ashtray that I keep coins in, and dumped it on the passenger seat and took all the quarters... Maybe 3 or 4 bucks. They took some nice sockets, and a small specialized multi tool.

Thank god, they didnt notice the almost thousand dollars worth of nice stereo speakers/headunit, really nice helemet and gloves, flashes, two tripods, a big book of cds. Didnt even touch them.

The best part is that little 6" tall triangular wing window is only like $350 from the dealer... b/c they are the only people who can get a replacement (87 4Runner). NO THANKS. Im sure I can find one at a junk yard, or ebay.
Meh, not a good way to start a friday.

ANdrew

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I had that happen w/my 80 Rabbit when I lived in VA. They broke the vent window and stole $10 worth of rolled pennies.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sorry to hear that... i guess it could have been worse tho'...

350 for that window... they better put a mask on when they sell it to ya... fvckin thieves...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
johnbryanpeters said:
Just a thought:

One of the problems of having a fancy looking vehicle is that it announces by its nature that it might be worth breaking into.
So what, people should not buy a nice vehicle because someone else might decide to break into it? Besides, Stinky's 4Runner doesn't exactly look like a high end luxury vehicle (no offense, Stinky).

Thieves suck.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stinks of a wasted drunk loser crime, or a super young kid did it, not a crackhead crime..... since the perps missed so much stuff, including the window.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
johnbryanpeters said:
Just a thought:

One of the problems of having a fancy looking vehicle is that it announces by its nature that it might be worth breaking into.

or not. i've had a 76 monte carlo stolen ( the driver's side door wouldn't even open it was so baged up), had a 94 toyota corrola broken into, and a 2003 outback broken into. all of my vehicles have been broken into or stolen. a thief is a thief. they don't discriminate.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
JBP.. In no way is this truck flashy, those are authentic bitchin '80s go-fast graphics, striaght from the factory... Not to mention its 4cycl with about 100hp. Not to mention there is no less than 4 Audis, 3Bimmers, 4 acuras, 2 Land rover discos, a BRAND NEW RX8, and a few other nice cars that all park right along the street in front of their houses like I do. haha, I guess the picked the cheapest on the street. However... First generation toyota 4runners and trucks have been getting takin like hotcakes out in calif. Lotsa posts daily about stolen trucks on 4x4 msgboards.

IR.. Yeah... Hit the nail on the head. Purpose, not looks. 100hp, but its all you need for driving off road when the axles and transfercase are geared really low. Haha, but I have had ppl randomly stop me and offer upto 5k on the spot for it. They are pretty sought after vehicles... Haha mostly by rednecks.

Skookum... definatley crackhead, All the young hooligins are out smoking meth in the suburbs on their parents dime.... I figure crackhead for 2 reasons.... Thats what it is 90% of there time here, and they rifled thru my ashtray for change, only took quarters. Im sure you can buy some rocks with a handful of quarters, prolly to much work to go thru pawing the stereo equp.

Mack.. Yeah, the truck is great.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
johnbryanpeters said:
Just a thought:

I lived in Oakland for 20 years. My experience with crackheads is:

1) A crackhead will steal anything.

2) Seriously, a crackhead will steal anything.. They broke into my old car and stole a bunch of pennies and a broken umbrella.

3) Crackheads miss all the good stuff on occasion. I suppose when you need a fix real bad, and quick, searching the whole car and finding everything and then taking it to the pawn shop takes too long. Better to smash ten windows and get ten handfulls of change for your next rock.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
mack said:
Just wondering, what kind of gas milegae do you get with that engine/setup?
The motor is a 22re electronic fuel injection. With my larger than stock tires(stock is 28") I run 33" mud terrains... It gets 20-22 on the hiway doin about 60 at 2k. anywhere from 15-18 in the city. Depends on wheather its in go fast mode, or regular. The toyota auto matics have and ECT button, when you press it, it changes the computer settings for more low endish power. Totoya says to use the ECT when in stop and go, and turn it off off for highway. Which I do.

These motors are great, Very easy to work on, if you do some basic preventative work you can my them last way more than 250kmiles

ANdrew

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
To add more... If you had a stock toyota pick up/4runner/celica with the 22re, a 5psd, and stock size tires, you could easily be betting 20-22 in the city... upwards of 26 on the hiway.

Snutty: Whatcha rollin in?

Andrew

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
H8R said:
I lived in Oakland for 20 years. My experience with crackheads is:

1) A crackhead will steal anything.

2) Seriously, a crackhead will steal anything.. They broke into my old car and stole a bunch of pennies and a broken umbrella.
They took the rolling papers from my center console. And I found my Specialized 'Radiator' gloves on the sidewalk two houses down... Guess they didnt need them.

Andrew

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
=[Stinky]= said:
To add more... If you had a stock toyota pick up/4runner/celica with the 22re, a 5psd, and stock size tires, you could easily be betting 20-22 in the city... upwards of 26 on the hiway.

Snutty: Whatcha rollin in?

Andrew

1985 toy 4x4...22re, SA, SR5 :)

Attachments

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
nope, im never going to sell it...It orginally was owned by a good friends of mines brother, and i begged him for years to sell it to me...and finally this year he moved to hawaii, and finally sold it to me :)

rebuilt 22re, the interior looks brand spanking need..200k miles runs like a champ

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Oh, I hear you man. 5-6 months ago my little triangle window in the rear of my brand new car got busted out... they left everything behind except an Xbox controller. Totally overlooked the $500 LP Conga taht was sitting in the back seat.

I figured crackheads too.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
to a facked up crackhead or methhead, that truck could look 'high end'. it has all kinds of 'neat' things on it.

but real live drug addicts, as mentioned, will steal anything. drug dealers deal in more then just cash. not the ones that hang on the street corner, the ones who deal out of a house/appartment.

sucks your rig got broken into, but it's cool they didn't get too much of your nicer/expensive stuff and you found a replacement window for so cheap.

I second the flame thrower car alarm.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
but with a handgun you need to see the break in happen.......

unless you sleep in your car, the flamethrower is better.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I actually had someone break into my car in my driveway and steal anout 3k in bike and computer stuff. They even took my old skateboard and smelly shin gaurds.

I found out the next month tat my nextdoor neighbor is going to jail for stealing from a bunch of car. So I went over there and gave him the old baseball bat to the car, it was quite soothing.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
firetoole said:
. So I went over there and gave him the old baseball bat to the car, it was quite soothing.

Lebowski style? "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU F*CK A STRANGER IN THE A*S LARRY.
YOU SEE LARRY, YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN F*CK A STRANGER IN THE A*S"

Shut the f*ck up Donny.