Quantcast

Damn interviews...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
The owner of the company I was interviewing with had an emergency in the family and kept having to leave the room when his phone rang... hospital situation apparently. I told him we could just reschedule but he wanted to try to get through the interview.

Anyway, it went, well, choppy obviously... no one was able to get all the information they wanted but still it was positive.

I am suppose to have ANOTHER interview some time this weekend. It really seems like a lot but I am going to just do what they need inorder to be comfortable hiring me.

The hardest part is that my current job is basically driving me nuts. I'm having a really hard time not just walking away from it, but, cant count chickens before they are hatched. Plus if I get the other job I have a friend that I am going to try to help out by getting him my old position. I'm so anxious about the new job and so stressed at the old one that I'm about to lose my mind.

Anyway, just thought I'd give an update since I have been here talking about it several times.

J

JRB

Well - it would relieve stress, I would think.

Good luck on the job though.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
golgiaparatus said:
The hardest part is that my current job is basically driving me nuts. I'm having a really hard time not just walking away from it, but, cant count chickens before they are hatched. Plus if I get the other job I have a friend that I am going to try to help out by getting him my old position. I'm so anxious about the new job and so stressed at the old one that I'm about to lose my mind.
Is the friend aware your leaving because the job is pushing you over the edge? :rofl:

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
I'll try the chimp technique at my next show... though I dont really ever play the bongos.
And here I thought I knew you.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
berkshire_rider said:
Is the friend aware your leaving because the job is pushing you over the edge? :rofl:
He knows the job pisses me off. However, it is stable, and its a foot in the door of the industry for him. He's a bit underqualified but I think he can do it. It may be irritating for him but he knows that. He needs to get in the industry and get more experience, he actually came to me about it even though I already had him in mind.

Loco: Bongos are 2 small drums connected to eachother, they have medium thin cowhide heads. They are about 7-8" tall and the heads are about 8-10" wide. I play lots of different percussion instruments but my main instruments are the congas... large barrel shaped drums with thick cowhide heads (In my case synthetic, since I dont enjoy tuning my drums all the time), about 30" tall and make a wide variety of sounds compared to the bongos.

J

JRB

Yeah - I don't really know anything about drums. OK - it's more than that. I know NOTHING about drums. I just know you bang on them, I think.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
loco said:
Yeah - I don't really know anything about drums. OK - it's more than that. I know NOTHING about drums. I just know you bang on them, I think.
Posted pictures of the 2 different drum types (above in an edit of my last message)... the congas are being played by Don Alias (RIP) who dies not long ago. He was one of the best... A favorite of Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, and al the really good jazz bands of the late 60's-present. The other guy is Giovanni Hidalgo... the baddest latin percussionist on earth (he is playing bongos).

J

JRB

Oh yeah - I had to blow off my original interview here because Caroline was being born. It's good that he placed personal stuff in front of work, IMO.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
best of luck. I know the feeling of wanting to jump so badly, but having to wait. It makes the current job even more unbearable. It sounds promising though!