Quantcast

### Damn it Friday is here GTM ###

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not a bad week. Nice weather and good grill sessions in the garden. I got a a fireplace dude in coming by the house today to look at installing an wood burning oven into the fire place sort of like this

It will greatly improve the heating with build in air circulation and less smell and smoke in the room too.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
At least YouTube has a ton of The Young Ones to watch.
"Neil: [Neil steps out the door and finds Rick tied to a cross] Hey Rick, man! What're you doing with my crucifix, man?

Rick: Protesting!

Neil: Yeah, but I really think I should lay this one on you, man: that's a really negative way to kill yourself, you know, like, I've tried it hundreds of times. There's no way you can hammer in the last nail."

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Gonna be a humid one today...need to invent some coolant-lined underwear and call it "Ice Cubes" or "Cool Balls" or whatnot..

I think I just kind of zoned out from the second I walked out of work yesterday until the point at which I walked in this morning - it's like I just blinked, and here I am again.

My wife and I will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary this weekend. We've made it through things that have blown up other couples to bits. I'm certainly grateful we've had each other to lean on over the years. She does make me a better human.

Y'all have a great day and go do some positive sh*t in the world.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. It is a gray humid day here, with rain coming any minute now. Bankster neighbor is moving out, a large moving truck parked under my window with the engine running and woke me up early this morning. I worry a little who the next owner is going to be.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. New pup did great last night. She is super smart and taking to commands way faster than expected. Took her about an hour to find a weak spot in my fence but she came right back through when called. We ended up naming her Gracie(wife's pick) and she responds well to it.
FB_IMG_1499436732906.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. FTS is high.

Wifey decided that she wants to order wraps for the cornhole game to style as she wants. The paint has been purchased and stencil for the CA bear has been ordered already. She decided to be mad at me because I made a decision that she lagged on. FTS.

Haley was good last night. I'll take it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not a bad week. Nice weather and good grill sessions in the garden. I got a a fireplace dude in coming by the house today to look at installing an wood burning oven into the fire place sort of like this

It will greatly improve the heating with build in air circulation and less smell and smoke in the room too.
i went with a cast iron insert for our fireplace. such a good decision. PM if you want details.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey decided that she wants to order wraps for the cornhole game to style as she wants. The paint has been purchased and stencil for the CA bear has been ordered already. She decided to be mad at me because I made a decision that she lagged on. FTS.
time to put the pants back on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My wife and I will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary this weekend. We've made it through things that have blown up other couples to bits. I'm certainly grateful we've had each other to lean on over the years. She does make me a better human.
congrats. you should celebrate by riding bikes and drinking beer.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! Slept in again. Will be hitting the trail in about 30 minutes, it's currently 75 degrees and I want to be back at the car park be for it hits 90. We have cloudless skies and no wind, perfect day for a fast road ride but my ass cannot take anymore pavement this week.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. FTS is high.

Haley was good last night. I'll take it.
Just look on the bright side - cornhole could possibly be the dumbest game on the planet.

Should have just bought an old-fashioned Jarts set.

:D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
FTS is high.
:stupid:
It's gonna be even worse when I have to go back to work.

On the other hand, I finally broke down and ordered a new single speed wheel for my commuter. Discovered when I rode the hard tail to work the other day that the city has re-paved a goodly portion of my route in the more industrialized areas north of the airport, so it will be nice to have a proper road bike back.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOOOO Friday and thank fackkkk. This week has been stoooopid at work. Management wants things done NOW but don't understand that some of this stuff takes planning and testing. And time when dealing with running new cables and stuff. The best part is when shit doesn't work correctly right away, as expected when you just wing crap together. God damn, headache inducing bullpoop.

But, ride is planned tonight.

And tomorrow we've got a group going out to a mellow but fun ride spot. It will be followed up with tacos at the Taco Farm and then beers and crokinole playing at a local brewery.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
parents are in town, so i might be able to get in more than a short ride. have "discovered" a trail network i previously hadn't heard of ~30 minutes away, 20 mile loop around a reservoir. if it dries out enough from the rain i might try and make that happen.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am working for a second day this workweek and do not care for it, no sir. At least it's Food Truck Friday this evening.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Re-confirmation that dealerships are a scam. MIL went to the Subaru dealer and they are quoting her $530 installed for a set of crap tires. I just pulled a set of decent Goodyear tires from Tire Rack, shipped to the local Honda dealer, installed for $400. Fuck dealerships.