Quantcast

Damn It!

RM Fusion

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
mechanicsville, VA
You guys are awful! Why didn't you tell me to stay away from the "north trail" my first trip out on a mtn bike? That was a lil rough. I did cruise around belle and got a pretty could hold on riding. A good start atleast. A couple easy downhills. Obviously easy for you guys that have been there. I did hit some of the buttermilk today as well. Got some shin marks from the pedals, I think. Lil blood running. War marks. I tried to ride those wide big steps back down to the wood bridge at 22nd street. Didn't fair so well. Didn't lean back far enough! Started to flip forward just layed it to the side. Layed there and rested for a minute, enjoyed the break.
Just wanted to share my first day out experiances. I'm hooked and am going back out tomorrow!
Chey

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Awesome! Sounds like you had a good experience. Gotta get out there and get those battle wounds. After all, that which doesn't kill you, only makes ya stronger! Welcome to your new addiction :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
You guys are awful! Why didn't you tell me to stay away from the "north trail" my first trip out on a mtn bike? That was a lil rough. I did cruise around belle and got a pretty could hold on riding. A good start atleast. A couple easy downhills. Obviously easy for you guys that have been there. I did hit some of the buttermilk today as well. Got some shin marks from the pedals, I think. Lil blood running. War marks. I tried to ride those wide big steps back down to the wood bridge at 22nd street. Didn't fair so well. Didn't lean back far enough! Started to flip forward just layed it to the side. Layed there and rested for a minute, enjoyed the break.
Just wanted to share my first day out experiances. I'm hooked and am going back out tomorrow!
Chey

next time PM me...I went to Poor farm today for the first time....

It was a blast for the little that I did!

Feb 18, 2007
RM,
The closest Patient First is at Thompson and Floyd.On my first visit in bike shoes the Doc knew where I had been.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
which way did you go on the north trail? if you go from belle isle toward maymont it is alot of climbing. if you go the other way coming toward belle isle it is a fun and flowy ride they did a great job on it

RM Fusion

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
mechanicsville, VA
I headed out from belle, they were working on it at the time. I've been able to ride sat, sun, and tues this week so far. I'm thinking about heading back again saturday around 3:30-4.
I'm pleased to know where the closest patient first is!
Oh yea, went to costco and picked up a hydro-pack for 19.99. Pretty nice. High sierra, I believe.