Quantcast

Damn. Jared Graves has a brain tumor.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
That's fucked. That dude is a friggen legend. Super nice guy, and one of the worlds best riders over the years in DH, 4X, Enduro and BMX.

Hope he smashes it and is back riding soon.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Jared is a class guy. At the World Cup in Windham NY, a few years ago he gave my 7 year old son his WC # plate. Then answeared all my sons questions for around ten mins.

He is a World Cup legend athletically and more importantly a World Cup legend human being.

Go kick cancers ass Jared, my prayers are with you.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Further evidence that terrible stuff like this only happens to the very best people. Definitely pulling hard for Jared along with countless others I'm sure.

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Fucking Specialized-curse strikes again. Hope he pulls through and makes a speedy recovery.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
We obviously have no insight into how advanced this is, but I will offer that Armstrongs situation was pretty damn dire and he was able to beat it, so hopefully Grubby can do likewise.

Pulling hard for Gravy train to keep running for decades to come.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Cancer has made a serious error of judgement here. Jared is going to smash this. He will likely be some kind of cancer-smashing world champion within about 18 months or so.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We obviously have no insight into how advanced this is, but I will offer that Armstrongs situation was pretty damn dire and he was able to beat it, so hopefully Grubby can do likewise.

Pulling hard for Gravy train to keep running for decades to come.
Cancer has made a serious error of judgement here. Jared is going to smash this. He will likely be some kind of cancer-smashing world champion within about 18 months or so.
if he fights cancer like he rides a bike, well, sorry cancer.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
He did pull off a top 10 at Whistler with a tumor that sounds to be less of a "We should monitor this and take care of it in the off season" and more of a "Oh fuck, cancel your tickets to the next two rounds, we gotta operate like right now". So yeah, Graves is pretty much a bad ass IMHO.

Hoping we see him back on track and kicking ass in 2019.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
He did pull off a top 10 at Whistler with a tumor that sounds to be less of a "We should monitor this and take care of it in the off season" and more of a "Oh fuck, cancel your tickets to the next two rounds, we gotta operate like right now". So yeah, Graves is pretty much a bad ass IMHO.

Hoping we see him back on track and kicking ass in 2019.
I hope so too.
Although something like a braintumor could take a little more then just 4 months to be fixed. I really hope he gets healthy again and can yell at clouds when he is old.