Quantcast

Damn that's gotta hurt!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Holy crap! That had to feel like...well, jumping off a diving board and hitting your head on the pool.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dayum thats gotta suck. now they are supposed to drain the pool before anyone can get into it due to biohazard rules.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
reflux said:
chlorine should have that taken care of np.
yeah but chlorine in pools is very diluted. when i was a lifeguard (many years ago) we had a bloody friggin mess of a person in the pool, it was required that it be drained before anyone could enter the water. there was more blood involved than there was in this case, but whatever. rules change i guess.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
biggins said:
dayum thats gotta suck. now they are supposed to drain the pool before anyone can get into it due to biohazard rules.
Seriously?
When I was about ten, I was swimming underwater and some idiot kid cannonballed onto me in the shallow end. I got a hideous nosebleed, but everyone kept swimming and they didn't drain the pool!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
ioscope said:
Seriously?
When I was about ten, I was swimming underwater and some idiot kid cannonballed onto me in the shallow end. I got a hideous nosebleed, but everyone kept swimming and they didn't drain the pool!
why should you care? it was your blood :thumb:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
My brother attempted a backflip at our community pool when we were kids...

...he landed on the end of the board with his mouth open, the diving board rebounded into his front uppers and ripped four teeth from his mouth depositing them like chickets at the bottom of the deep end. The sound his teeth made on the end of that rough diving board was akin to fingernails on a chalkboard, only worse. One lifeguard dived in and dragged him to safety(he was completely stunned and needed a standing 8-count), another dived in and retrieved his teeth and my parents promptly raced him and his choppers to an oral surgeon, all the time marveling at how his neck was not broken given how violently it was snapped backward upon impact. Two of the four teeth ultimately died and he now wears an upper bridge with fakies. He later knocked the bridge and fakies out with padded nunchucks during a tae kwon do weapons sparring session. He made the mistake of swinging for my head in frustration, I barely ducked the blow and he caught himself full force in the kisser.

Needless to say, my little bro dropped out of my tae kwon do class shortly thereafter, no longer does flips off the diving board and is now a practicing dentist himself. :D

J

JRB

llkoolkeg said:
My brother attempted a backflip at our community pool when we were kids...

...he landed on the end of the board with his mouth open, the diving board rebounded into his front uppers and ripped four teeth from his mouth depositing them like chickets at the bottom of the deep end. The sound his teeth made on the end of that rough diving board was akin to fingernails on a chalkboard, only worse. One lifeguard dived in and dragged him to safety(he was completely stunned and needed a standing 8-count), another dived in and retrieved his teeth and my parents promptly raced him and his choppers to an oral surgeon, all the time marveling at how his neck was not broken given how violently it was snapped backward upon impact. Two of the four teeth ultimately died and he now wears an upper bridge with fakies. He later knocked the bridge and fakies out with padded nunchucks during a tae kwon do weapons sparring session. He made the mistake of swinging for my head in frustration, I barely ducked the blow and he caught himself full force in the kisser.

Needless to say, my little bro dropped out of my tae kwon do class shortly thereafter, no longer does flips off the diving board and is now a practicing dentist himself. :D
You are the funniest human on earth. :thumb:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
llkoolkeg said:
Has he ever misplaced a bottle of nitrous? In your trunk, maybe? :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Silver said:
Has he ever misplaced a bottle of nitrous? In your trunk, maybe? :D

Hahaha...I already had my own 55# tank, originally a soda fountain CO2 container, redrilled and tapped for NO2. I wormclamped a length of surgical tubing to the valve head and had a car-portable party that haunted Fairfax, VA for my first two years of college. It took $135 to fill up, but lasted for weeks at a time and if need be, $5 balloons at farm parties and concerts quickly made back the initial investment and covered my own fun (as well as that of my buddies). A large tank of Medipure NO2 was infinitely nicer and tastier than those whip cream refills which tend to have too much of that oily red lubricant in them. :thumb:

When my bro had to put in for his DEA contol number, I offered to round up a group of volunteer test subjects. Sadly, he just laughed it off and it never actually panned out. :o: