Quantcast

Damn the Man!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
So, I work at a small pharmaceutical company that's all about the small perks, catering to the employees and their families, if you will. Well, today this was posted on the intranet:

'Employees are asked not to wear “flip-flops” at work. This is an uncomplicated request that does not signal any other change in our “casual” dress habits. Simply stated, it was felt the flip-flops were too casual.'

Many of you probably can't wear flip-flops at work, so don't think this is bad. I hate when companies become douchy and take away small benefits. Also, girls walk around this place in skeezy, spaghetti-strap tanks, and people wear scuz t-shirts and jeans; some even wear exercise attire. But flip-flops are the demons from Casual Wear Hell?! :rant:

I hate my fu**ing job and can't wait for bv to graduate:

284 days total
199.5 work days

The End.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I will take slutty clothes revealing bosoms over flip flops and nasty finger toes any day.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
So, I work at a small pharmaceutical company that's all about the small perks, catering to the employees and their families, if you will. Well, today this was posted on the intranet:

'Employees are asked not to wear “flip-flops” at work. This is an uncomplicated request that does not signal any other change in our “casual” dress habits. Simply stated, it was felt the flip-flops were too casual.'

Many of you probably can't wear flip-flops at work, so don't think this is bad. I hate when companies become douchy and take away small benefits. Also, girls walk around this place in skeezy, spaghetti-strap tanks, and people wear scuz t-shirts and jeans; some even wear exercise attire. But flip-flops are the demons from Casual Wear Hell?! :rant:

284 days total
199.5 work days

The End.

I understand what you are saying, it sucks when companies take away the small things like that.

That being said...I think all offices should ban flip flops. Nothing is more annoying than hearing them slap against their feet as they walk down the hall.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
So wait...you are complaining about not being able to wear FLIP FLOPS to the OFFICE, and you can't wait for BV to graduate so you don't have to work?

Is that tiara a little too tight, princess?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I will take slutty clothes revealing bosoms over flip flops and nasty finger toes any day.

Here, here! Their sound really annoys me but even worse, GUYS wear them, too. It's one thing when a cute girl with pretty feet wears them but quite a different animal when hammertoed, yellow dagger-nailed caveguys expose their scaly funkdogs.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
We recently got an email saying no "radios, mp3 players, etc." which includes music on the computer. Really sucks having to sit on a computer for 8 hours and listen to the sounds of printers and computer cooling fans.....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So wait...you are complaining about not being able to wear FLIP FLOPS to the OFFICE, and you can't wait for BV to graduate so you don't have to work?
Huh? Since when was she going to quit work?

She hates her current job. We move when I graduate. Thus, she can get a new job.

Last edited:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina

Is that tiara a little too tight, princess?
Hardly. I am not some lazy, prissy chick who wants her significant other to be the bread-winner. I will be going back to school for my Ph.D. or M.D. It's a place I have already hated working, and now they are stripping small perks, so I am just excited to get out and do something I have been wanting to for years, now that BV has had his time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's tough.

My company is getting sold/spun off from the larger corporation because 1.3 million sales and $300,000 of profit per employee wasn't enough. We may lose a good chunk of our retirement benefits depending on who buys us.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's about time BV gets his lazy ass out of school and finds a real job.

"A lot of people go to school for seven years."
"Yeah, they're called doctors."

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
That's tough.

My company is getting sold/spun off from the larger corporation because 1.3 million sales and $300,000 of profit per employee wasn't enough. We may lose a good chunk of our retirement benefits depending on who buys us.
Our company will be sold to big pharma in the near future, most likely. Luckily, I am certain I will be gone by then.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
People in our office wear flip flops, sandles, shorts, t-shirts, jeans, some are even barefoot part of the time.

Exercise clothes are for the most part encouraged. We get a steep discount at the gym down the street.

There is always the sound of a high end road bike (or two or five) being wheeled through after lunch.

Company sponsored trips for this year have included camping, trail building, whitewater rafting and skydiving.

Man...this place is uptight.
:D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
People in our office wear flip flops, sandles, shorts, t-shirts, jeans, some are even barefoot part of the time.

Exercise clothes are for the most part encouraged. We get a steep discount at the gym down the street.

There is always the sound of a high end road bike (or two or five) being wheeled through after lunch.

Company sponsored trips for this year have included camping, trail building, whitewater rafting and skydiving.

Man...this place is uptight.
:D
I didn't know crack houses had such good benefits. If I do decide to work again, crack house will have to on the top of the list.