Quantcast

Damn Trialsin.com

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I used to be able to get Echo trials frames from relatives in China for around 100 USD. I never sold any I just kept them for myself. Well I'm building up a new trials bike and my cousin who just went to China said that he'd bring one back for me. He'd buy it at local shop in China and just check it in at the plane. Well he calls and says an American backer (Trailsin) put some kind of lean on Echo so that they won't even sell to shops in China. Now ain't that messed up? The shop owner said that the price difference between China prices and American prices were to great ...that was the reasoning behind Trialsin putting the pressure on. Now granted that he didn't say it was trialsin but I know for a fact that Trialsin is the only US distributor, so by process of elimination, we find the culprit. So that ES2/3/4 frame you wanted to buy...even if its a local bike shop..they got to get it from Trialsin...which makes a crazy 300% profit off your ass. ES2 retail in China roughly 125 USD...ES2 retail at Trialsin 425. I used to dig Echo...until they pussed out and bent over for Trialsin.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I guess with all the new bikes keeping their geometry relatively similar...I'd go with the planet x...2 year warranty can't be beat. But I really had my eye on a ES2.

Apr 1, 2002
NY
Originally posted by Dog Welder
I used to be able to get Echo trials frames from relatives in China for around 100 USD. I never sold any I just kept them for myself. Well I'm building up a new trials bike and my cousin who just went to China said that he'd bring one back for me. He'd buy it at local shop in China and just check it in at the plane. Well he calls and says an American backer (Trailsin) put some kind of lean on Echo so that they won't even sell to shops in China. Now ain't that messed up? The shop owner said that the price difference between China prices and American prices were to great ...that was the reasoning behind Trialsin putting the pressure on. Now granted that he didn't say it was trialsin but I know for a fact that Trialsin is the only US distributor, so by process of elimination, we find the culprit. So that ES2/3/4 frame you wanted to buy...even if its a local bike shop..they got to get it from Trialsin...which makes a crazy 300% profit off your ass. ES2 retail in China roughly 125 USD...ES2 retail at Trialsin 425. I used to dig Echo...until they pussed out and bent over for Trialsin.
--- just remember bro, tim will be there when ever u need something or when something goes worng. i have nothing but good luck w/ him. ur cuz prob wont go to china when u need something. i do agree it is sh1tty that there is mark up, but it just like going to ur local shop who will b there for u whenever or going to a mail order whore to save a few bucks. nothing is free, everyone is trying to make a living. plus that still a killer price for a sweet trials frame that is awesome. and if u want better prices, better practice man. have a good season, dave

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
I guess in Tim's defence he did hook me up with a free inner tube at a comp once. The unfortunate thing for Tim is lakesidesports beats all his prices. Just buy from them. There not that big and not too many people know about them but they step it up big time with the comps we have in TX. Don't even ask them to donate stuff and they still do. Webcyclery gave some cool swag too but they never responded to my e-mail :eek: so Lakesidesports it is for all yo trialsin needs.

Apr 1, 2002
NY
Originally posted by trialsmasta
I guess in Tim's defence he did hook me up with a free inner tube at a comp once. The unfortunate thing for Tim is lakesidesports beats all his prices. Just buy from them. There not that big and not too many people know about them but they step it up big time with the comps we have in TX. Don't even ask them to donate stuff and they still do. Webcyclery gave some cool swag too but they never responded to my e-mail :eek: so Lakesidesports it is for all yo trialsin needs.
-------- its not all $$$. its rider support that will make u or brake u. i dont even know Tim personaly but i know hed do anything he could to help me. especially in a comp.

trialsin

Chimp
Aug 20, 2002
Yes, Echo frames were available in China for less than we sell them for. In fact, they sold retail in China for less than we could buy them for.

However, they started showing up on a number of forums for less than we could buy them for.

Why would this bother us? or anyone else? The integrity of the brand is at stake for one. The other is that someone has to order, pay duties & frieght, and be responsible for warranty issues.......... it all cost money. Finally, most of the sales of Echo frames go to shops......... should dealer pricing to the mechanics be cut out?

I am sorry if you and your friend have lost out on ultra sweet deals....... however, "culprit" I don't find as and adequate term to describe what we are trying to accomplish.
Enjoy,
Tim
Trialsin USA

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
Originally posted by eastcoastzigzag

-------- its not all $$$. its rider support that will make u or brake u. i dont even know Tim personaly but i know hed do anything he could to help me. especially in a comp.
Good point, I know Tim personally but I now live in TX, Lakeside sports is in TX. I support my local uh well there like 5 hours away but they still come out to the events. Since I don't get sponsered by either I have to let my pockets and satisfaction with customer service do the talking. You just can't beat A+ service and competetive pricing. When I was in New England goatwheels and trialsin where the only shops to deal with. Tims got the goods but lakeside is trying to make a dent so when I say they will do anything to help you out I say that with confidence. I've been on the recieving end. Peep their webpage , what bike shop do you know would build a trials sections in the back or throw FREE comps, yes that right "hobbie class"??? Trialsin is cool but Lakeside sports rocks!!!!