Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i would say park it in a shady part of town with the keys in it and leave it for someone to steal.......but then again it probably wouldn't start for them either.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I'm feeling faint....

Though I've not been posting about it, the Jeep has still been giving me trouble. It's at the dealer again as we speak. I think the bulb in my check engine light is going to wear out.

Anyway the dealer just called me. I think they ACTUALLY found the problem. After five and a half months, they have found 3 corroded wires leading into the PCM.

I'm to go pick it up later. I can't believe it......

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I'm feeling faint....

Though I've not been posting about it, the Jeep has still been giving me trouble. It's at the dealer again as we speak. I think the bulb in my check engine light is going to wear out.

Anyway the dealer just called me. I think they ACTUALLY found the problem. After five and a half months, they have found 3 corroded wires leading into the PCM.

I'm to go pick it up later. I can't believe it......
what jeep are you driving?

I'm not going to say that jeeps are the most reliable blah blah blah, but I've owned multiple wranglers, cherokees, etc. Probably close to 10 and all have been extremely reliable vehicles for me, of course they all had the 4.0 inline 6, I always avoided the other motors since I can essentially take care of one of these with my eyes closed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shut up! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!!
No I'm sure they got it. You know how prone copper wires are to corroding.

:D

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
MMike... I'm very interested in seeing if this was the problem. I'm having the exact same issues with my 2007 Jeep Patriot as you are. The check engine light has been on most of the time for the last 20,000 miles. I'm tired of the Jeep dealership just throwing parts at it to see which one will "fix" it.

Replaced the PCM... no change. After stalling on us pulling out into traffic, it threw the "camshaft position sensor" code. They replaced and within 3-hours of leaving the dealership, the light came on again. It's been on 90% of the time since that last visit.

The ONLY good thing about this, is the service manager has been repairing all of this under warranty, even though I'm at 47,000 miles... only because it STARTED happening at 27,000 miles before the warranty was up.

I'm about ready to drive the thing through their showroom and leave it there.

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Wow...that does sound awfully familiar. most recently, the car would actually start lurching while on the highway. As as stated earlier in the thread, I had to have the thing towed a few times.

I discovered that I could get it to run ok if I disconnected the battery (to reset the check engine). It would be ok for a day or so, then act up again.

I