Quantcast

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
If I could I would. But Instead I'm getting a roof. and that's WAY better!

(Thinking more like a Camry actually......maybe even a Hybrid?!)
I had a Hybrid as a rental when I moved out here. Sucked. No trunk, and the mileage was so-so.

I vote Legacy wagon, and Mazda3

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I had the Xterra towed on Friday. Neck broke off of the radiator and I wasn't dealing with it. I called the towing company and said, "I've been thinking how to squander a pile of money and have nothing when finished so I decided to tow my car". Seriously, you pay someone to take away the convenience of your car. It sucks.

That said, I thought my car would cost over a grand for a radiator and another water leak under the exhaust. They thought there was no second leak, so it only cost $444. Woot.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, you deserve to have your Jeep broken down. :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Routine maintenance goes a long way. ;)

Edit - all our Jeeps have had the 4.0......that makes a big difference.
Yes it does, my 98 wranlger has the 4.0 and gets very regular routine maintenance from me. 130,000 miles, runs like swiss watch.

I had a 4 liter Jeep, F'n exhaust manifold cracked.
Unfortunatly thats a fairly common failure in the 4 liter.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
;)
Parts are expensive. I had to replace the "clock spring" in my steering wheel. Basically its just a big coiled loop of copper wire for electrical power to the horn and airbag, and it was 300 bucks. But it was my fault it broke since I was screwin around with the steering at the time.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I had a '92 XJ I got rid of when it had 180k miles on the clock, and the only thing I had to do was replace the water pump once. The owner after me (family friend) drove it for another 20-25k with no issues.

Only thing that sucks about XJs/ZJs/WJs is the goddamn unibody in terms of rust. NE winter salt + unibody = fail.