Quantcast

Damn you Santa Cruz, damn you to hell!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
What in the bike industry is still made in this country?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have ridden a motolite recently.
I just dug the geometry more on the Blur. I was able to manual it easier, which is a plus, and it was a little more slack then the Moto, which works better for how I ride.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Turner, Yeti, some IronHorse's supposedly, Sinister, Canfield, probably a few others....it's a short list.
Fox suspension (at least assembled here, not sure where the actual manufacturing happens)
Thomson stems/ posts
Phil Wood hubs/ BBs
Paul brakes/ levers
King hubs/ headsets
etc.
Plus a whole lot of frames that I'm too lazy to list.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I think Hadley is made within the states too actually, even though they're a pretty small operation.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
no 29r, no care!
niners don't work so well here. everytime i've ridden with someone riding one of those, they've taco'd a wheel.
good for the commute, not so good on our roots and gnar.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
What in the bike industry is still made in this country?
Trek , the others that were mentioned already. Not all trek are US made, the madone 5.1 and higher are, I forget where it starts ont eh Mtn bikes

I wants a Trek 69'er, but that seems more like a fetish/play bike to me then something I can get five years out of like I did with my Enduro.
I dont like the 69er. I dont like how it feels.

I hear you there. She saw the "look of love in my eye" after the second mile, and got on the "honey, its not in the budget right now" speech.

Mind you, she hasn't seen her new Demo, so I am either going to be in a lot of trouble, or I will be absolved as I got her the new toy for her first.

women are strange that way

Yeah, I am trying to convince my wife I "need" a new road bike, Trek 5200 to be exact. Wish me luck on that one.

Last edited: