Quantcast

Damo's Winter Pics

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Damned if I don't want my own thread.

Here's a couple from today's hike. Pointe d'Angolon. Super steep hike, but the exit is well worth it as you can imagine from the pics...

Bitterly cold day today. Waist deep powder. No avys. Nice.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Here's a couple from yesterday's rail session:

The balloon in the foreground has video camera. We were filming for a new vid.

Last edited:

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Damned if I don't want my own thread.

Here's a couple from today's hike. Pointe d'Angolon. Super steep hike, but the exit is well worth it as you can imagine from the pics...

Bitterly cold day today. Waist deep powder. No avys. Nice.
awesome pics damo , i dig this pic .

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am no skier but rail riding when you live in the alps I can't understand but the pictures are sweet non the less.

Last edited:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
damn, i am jealous.

sooooo, you hiring? :D ;)
I am no skier but rail riding when you live in the alps makes I can't understand but the pictures are sweet non the less.
you need something to do when there isn't any fresh snow to be found.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Here's a couple more from this winter:

Hiking near Pointe de Mossettes to get to some sweet couloir action.

Night hiking back of SuperMorzine. Got home around 3am.

Layback under branches

Mr Marsh above Avoriaz

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
how are White Cristal snowboards?

I really like the looks of the Mouv Mountain 150.

C&P from latest email:

last order
you have until 5th february to order your skis and snowboards customs (delivery march) :
-own size
-own shape
-own design
-own base

(price between 400 and 600 euros)
contact us on www.whitecristalsb.com
thank you so much and see you soon
and happy new year

Pilou, Mamat and the White Cristal Family
Basically, whatever you'd like in a board or skis, they will make you.
Pilou and co know their sht and they have a great snowboard crew here in Avoriaz who seem to be doing well on their boards. White Cristal is a small company basing themselves here in the winter, then heading to Argentina in the summer where they make the skis and boards.

Their skis are kick-ass too. Similar to EP Pros, with a reverse camber and superwide twin tip. Perfect for switch powder landings (if thats what you are into).

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
C&P from latest email:

Basically, whatever you'd like in a board or skis, they will make you.
Pilou and co know their sht and they have a great snowboard crew here in Avoriaz who seem to be doing well on their boards. White Cristal is a small company basing themselves here in the winter, then heading to Argentina in the summer where they make the skis and boards.

Their skis are kick-ass too. Similar to EP Pros, with a reverse camber and superwide twin tip. Perfect for switch powder landings (if thats what you are into).
That sounds awesome! And the prices are about what id be spending for a mass production board.:thumb:

Can they do custom base graphics?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Backyard jibbing session last night. Few beers, few friends and some floodlights. Good time. :thumb:

Fµcken cold though...

Here's some pics from the quarter & roof ride:

We had a kicker, a rail and a wallride built too, but I'll save those for another night...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
With the slopes being super busy this week with all the English kids and French kids being on school holidays, we are looking for some fun off the mountain.

So here's some pics from yesterday:

LokiLopez

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
London
Really sick photos.

Planning on moving to the Alps next year, looks like I'll have to ping you a few questions(if that's ok). ;)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Are you guys jumping off a snowshed? :D
It's an avalanche tunnel covering the road in a high risk avy spot. The landing had to be pinpoint accurate due to old fallen trees etc...

The last pic looks a little weird, like he's superimposed on, but I think there was a drop of water on the lens (it was melting off the tree like it was raining)...