Quantcast

Damo's Winter Pics

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Then you'll like yesterday's trail ride.

The trail down to Monthey, Stwitzerland drops 1550m in around 14kms of sweet walking track. The best riding around here. The iPodPhoneCamera wasn't taken out much during this ride.

Stava map

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Big day today. Rode three great loops:

1. Morzinette Trail
2. Chapelle de Jacquicourt trail
3. Back of Nyon to Vallee de la Manche

Each of those rides are enough on their own. All three cover just over 64kms and took me just under 6 hours moving time.

Awesome day then.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Yeah, dropper is working ace. Still needs to be weighted to work occasionally, but generally it's good. It's amazing how often a dropper gets used huh? More than gears.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've been taking photos, but they're boring shots for the local Tourism Office. Morzine is undergoing a re-branding: More youthful, fun and vibrant. Worst job I've taken. Kinda fun, but kinda lame at the same time. I prefer to head out with my mates and have a blast, then show the photos to clients. Here, I have strict guidelines on what they want the image to look like and it's hard. Boohoo.

Yesterday, however, I headed out with the lads to a fun spot well away from the crazy crowds we get here during late Feb/early March...

More on my Facebook Page...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Saturday, I strapped my bike to a backpack and set off to climb two of the regions highest peaks: Pointe de Ressachaux (2173m/7129ft) and Pointe de Nantaux (2170m/7119ft).

I set off in the dark with a head torch at 4:30am to try to reach the first summit for the sunrise:

Here's Nataux (super sick descent):

I was joined by a mate to climb the second peak, Ressachaux:

Great day.