Quantcast

dang.... I be recertified

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
:rofl::rofl: Just spent the morning taking the manipulative portion of my EMT Recert [every 2 years] passed all the written work last week, and I breezed through the skills tests this morning:thumb:

only drawback is that it means that I have to go to work on Monday rather than go ride the trails:rant:

:D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
:rofl::rofl: Just spent the morning taking the manipulative portion of my EMT Recert [every 2 years] passed all the written work last week, and I breezed through the skills tests this morning:thumb:

only drawback is that it means that I have to go to work on Monday rather than go ride the trails:rant:

:D
You have do recert with your manipulative? I thought you just had to have CE's? Who do you get your license through?

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
all i got left to do is take the national registry and send my prints to the CBI. then i'll be a workin stiff too.
better than the other stiff's i'll be working with tho.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
National Registry requires a manipulative, State Of Calif requires a manipulative, Santa Cruz County requires a manipulative and my Department requires it too

for the state of CA it's 24 hrs of CE's plus the manipulative. For National Registry it's 48 hrs of CE's plus a written Exam plus a manipulative

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
ya i've already done my manipulative, i just have written remaining. and i believe in CO, once you pass the national registry, the state doesn't have any other requirements and you're good for two years. agencies might require more. and i could be wrong.

in fact i almost always am. don't listen to Al, that guy's a ****head.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
National Registry requires a manipulative, State Of Calif requires a manipulative, Santa Cruz County requires a manipulative and my Department requires it too

for the state of CA it's 24 hrs of CE's plus the manipulative. For National Registry it's 48 hrs of CE's plus a written Exam plus a manipulative
Hmmm, I heard 72 hours for NR. Not like the manipulatives are hard.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Hmmm, I heard 72 hours for NR. Not like the manipulatives are hard.

depends on your agency. This was my 3rd recert and it was fairly straightforward but then again I spend my days in a BLS Ambulance. The prior one was hell, the Captain/Paramedic instructor put us through some really really tough scenarios. You had to be good enough to work with him on his rig or you didn't pass. Half of that class had to sign up for a retest day.