Quantcast

dang Ikea stuff

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
a fat bike? I didn't expect from you :D

Im building On-one Pompino and it has barely place for 32c CX tires.

Michelin Pro3 at the moment. Fun!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's a Krampus, the 29er of fat bikes. Has 3" tires on fat rims, should roll over practically anything.

I had a pugsley which I was not satisfied with...****ty tires and components but I liked the "gist" of fatbiking...just getting back in the woods and having fun, not worrying about speed but rather enjoying ever foot of trail. The krampus offers that same rigid brutality without carrying around tires meant for snow...

I also really wanted a bassboat green frame.

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
looks fun, so youre running Knard tires (1kg)?

It reminds me of recent camping trip that I did on Enduuuuro bike with 1kg tires (big knobbies). I did 500km on those tires. Im sure my legs got bigger after that. A lot people were commenting my tires whilst I was riding on asphalt roads, duuh. The point was that I could ride full downhill without changing tires or anything except removing Topeak rack. Though I was worried that the seatpost would snap off anytime. :D

edit

Kramp would be fun camping bike for sure!

IMG_20140621_155914.jpg

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm sad because I'm apparently not supposed to strap the kiddo to the bike until she's 1yo. booooo...let's chase some singletrack!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I'm sad because I'm apparently not supposed to strap the kiddo to the bike until she's 1yo. booooo...let's chase some singletrack!
Supposed to? Meh...

We had our son in a bike trailer on smooth dirt trails when he was 11mo old. And our friends had their son in their bike trailer on the same ride when he was 9mo.