Quantcast

Dangers when biking alone

Bertie

Chimp
Oct 6, 2010
Hi everyone,
I am working on an engineering project with the purpose of making bikers safer when they are alone in the mountain. Could you please let me know what dangers you are worried about when biking on your own?

Thanks very much in advance!

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
When I ride alone in the woods, I keep seeing this chick... I think she's dangerous but Im not sure... I try to talk to her to see what the hell she wants, but she just stares at me and doesn't say anything...

I'll never understand women...

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
This poor guy just wanted some information for his research project, and you guys just went and starting pulling out the jokes. Disappointing... With that, here is my contribution.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
what kind of looser team doesn't get matching helmets?? :think:
Poland, who else? :)

Well, it seems to be the national team. They probably ride on different teams the rest of the year and just use that equipment. Happens at basically every level when national teams are involved.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
These two guys keep trying to touch my junk. I'm not ok with it.

If you have a solution to them, and to their constant sexting of me, I'd be your new BFF.
But I won't touch your penis. And you can't touch mine. And we can't play "tummy stix..."

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
If you could come up with a helmet like this, it would protect against the two things that kill cyclists in the mountains; over-the-bars neck injuries and cougars (not the drinking kind) sinking fangs into the back of your neck.

Plus it looks badass.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Hate all you want...

But I'd "fist pump" this Brazilian midget hooker troll all the way to the bank.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
And I thought saying I'm afraid of all the drunk/drugged dweebs that do their target practice with their firearm-du-jour where I ride would be serious. I can tell by all the warning pics I was way off base.............

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
ok... on a serious note I would be afraid of:

Cougers (someone actually died on our trails a few years back)
Serious injury where I couldn't walk
Passing out from dehydration
Busting a wheel or soemthing where i had to walk instead of ride (other than a steep hill that is ;) )

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
cougars
snakes
major injury
dying
hearing dueling banjo music getting closer and closer