Quantcast

Dani California video

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
who's the tophat guy? Tom Petty?

They say that song is a rip off of Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty incidentally...

I just bought the album, haven't got through it yet.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Da Peach said:
who's the tophat guy? Tom Petty?

They say that song is a rip off of Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty incidentally...

I just bought the album, haven't got through it yet.
I was wondering which song it was 'stolen' from. I don't think the two sound anything near the same.

I've listened to the new Chili Peppers album over and over in my car since it came out. In all, I think it's a great album. I prefer disc two.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
PsychO!1 said:
I'll try...
Elvis
Beatles
Cream
Funkadelic
Prince?
The Clash
The Cure
Motley Crew
Nirvana
Pearl Jam?
I kept trying but i'd get to the cream part (i thought hendrix) and it would crash firefox.

You left out the misfits. They do a pretty good job as them, except anthony is like 4 feet taller than danzig.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
signature:
MMike
If a bicycle heading south leaves Everett at 1:00 pm travels at 15 mph, and a bicycle heading north leaves Tacoma at 1:30 pm travels at 20 mph, what time will they be yelled at by an LBS owner for shopping at Supergo?

Oly
By the time they get there the LBS will be out of buisness, so its sorta a trick question.....
Mike I still think thats my favorite signature on the monkey... and not just because you quoted me.....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Here are my guesses
Elvis
The Beatles
Hendrix
?Jefferson Starship (that's a wild and prolly wrong guess)
Iggy Pop?
Sex Pistols
No effing clue
Van Halen
Nirvana
Almost looks like themselves at the end, but not quite.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yup - when Anthony is wearing his hair forward in a giant tail down the middle of his face, with make-up on he is imitating the Misfits...

I don't think the hairspray-metal outfits are meant to represent any one band in particular, although, there is the shot where Chad imitates that famous "point at the camera with a drum stick" thing that Rikki Rocket did in a lot of Poison's videos.

I think people are assuming it's Van Halen because for that segment John is playing a Charvel "Eddie Van Halen" model strat.