Quantcast

dante....hold your head up

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Previous worst was 1942....wondering if all the troops overseas had an impact on that? Maybe this year was the worst for an even longer period of time....

Vipon

Chimp
Jul 22, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I'm 49 years old and live in Floriduh, most of my friends are older. Everyone of them voted for pot.
I asked my two pot smoking kids if they voted, neither one of them even voted. They said they didn't know anyone who went to vote.

Probably got stoned and forgot.

I tell you this though, the next time one of them complains about "the Man" on them about their weed, I'm going to go off on them.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
shocked young people did not turn out in florida for pot.
Yea, but the majority of people who did show up to vote did vote for pot. 57% of voters approved Medical Marijuana. But it didn't "pass" because of Florida's retarded "super majority" law, which requires a 60% voter approval. A law that itself was only passed with a margin of 57%.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea, but the majority of people who did show up to vote did vote for pot. 57% of voters approved Medical Marijuana. But it didn't "pass" because of Florida's retarded "super majority" law, which requires a 60% voter approval. A law that itself was only passed with a margin of 57%.
soooooooooo florida divided by zero?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Still a 20 point dropoff from 2012 numbers.... Which explains why the same state that sent the first lesbian Senator to the US Congress also just reelected Walker.

Damn, some of those numbers are pathetic. 44% in MA when there was a contentious governor's race? 36.7% in VA where Mark Warner barely held on to his seat?

Yikes.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
maine is weird-can go either way. last few governor races, big turnout for strong third parties dropped win into repub laps. senators usually moderate repubs. think it skews dem come presidential tine. someone correct me if i'm wrong. who knows if what my parents tell me is accurate.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Does anybody know how Maine votes? It is kind of embarrassing that they have higher turnout than the vote by mail states.
there's really no rhyme or reason when it comes to the two party system there. the state is an odd mix of old conservatives, and some hipsters. very big on independent business, but there are large portions of the state that never really recovered from the great depression.