Quantcast

Dark Mountain after new years?

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
yes, it is ridable, but if you have time off, i would suggest coming 25 minutes further and meeting me in Boone for a tour of the local trails! they are running great and most days the weather is pretty nice for riding.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Not sure how the clay will be after all this rain and freezing temps at night, might want to call/pm Matt to make sure

so...moving up to semi-pro and having your pic in a few bike mags makes you a geologist now?!!! ;) ;)

yeah, that's what i was thinking too considering the terrain is a lot like salem and it's been pretty mushy lately. perhaps we can make it out in the morning before it thaws too much? i'll pm matt when i know for sure what day i can go.

Bum

Chimp
Dec 30, 2007
Wilkes Co., NC
Here's a note from the BMCC Forum. Looks like there's going to be a ride on 1/1 at 1. That should allow for plenty of time for the hangover to wear off.

"Put on all the clothes you own and come out and support the new MTB ride coordinator Jan. 1 at 1pm.at the visitors center. Trails are very rideable. If you have not seen the reroutes and improvements to OVT, now is the time. We will ride together as a group. GW"

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Just an FYI...Bum is the new BMCC president come Jan. 1st. He's also responsible for coordinating the mtb events with me and he typically handles the biggest part of the coordination.

Welcome to ridemonkey President Bum:clapping: