Quantcast

Dark Mtn #3 pics...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
guess i'll start.

Fun race as always and i'm VERY glad i didn't race TT this time as everyone complained about how brutal the course was. Noah was on the verge of tears whilst climbing up the super D course ;)

camping is the way to go for this event

andy D with his mud-o-flage from the TT

12yr old Eric Vest on the DS

noah DS

kevin in the berms

noah and Ian in the top section

kevin again

noah playing on the hip at superD

Pee-Wee King of the lake :thumb:

Thanks to BMCC for an awesome series :thumb:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am sorry I missed out on the race as I was here in Greenville getting everything ready for the DH Race this coming weekeend. From what I was told everything went off great and all had fun. Matt A does a great job!!!!! Congrats to all the winners Noah, Andy, and others......

Cecil

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
wow, that tele lens made quite the difference this time. you can barely see the sasquatch leg coming up from the shadows just to the right of the tree :D

i'm really digging the new kinetic logo :thumb:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
wow, that tele lens made quite the difference this time. you can barely see the sasquatch leg coming up from the shadows just to the right of the tree :D

i'm really digging the new kinetic logo :thumb:
Yeah I tried, but you still sneaked into the frame... :biggrin:

I'm really stoked on the logo.. A fellow monkey (bitingback) tossed it together for me LATE one evening last week.

1rad dad

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
Hey guys,

This was the first race in DS for my son. I will have to say it was a cool experience. We have been on the BMX scene for the past several years and are starting to crossover a bit. Definately some pros and cons when you compare the sports from a spectator's point of view, but there are many similarities. I was a little in the dark about how the race was run and would like to know how he finished. The jr. boys were fun to watch. Noah, Eric, Jordan, and some other unknown kids were fun to watch because they were killing it! Jordan beat my son the first round (he's 10 and raced 11-14) so we bailed early, due to the heat and too many little groms to take care of. I wish we could've stayed for the super d. Those pics look awesome. How do I find results from DS this race? BTW, he really loved it and will try to squeeze in more races in the years to come. When and where are the big races? I will keep my eyes peeled on this site to try and stay informed. I need to build my son one of those sick custom hard tails (like Eric's), so whoever has a clue about what frames and parts to look for, let me know. I love the bling...

Thanks,

Jeff

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i'm glad ethan liked the race! you were in quite the predicament in regards to what age group he should race but i think you made the right decision. he would have owned the pee-wees without a doubt and he hung in there pretty well for the 11-14 group. his bmx skillz were evident in how fast he adapted to the course...had he been on a hardtail he probably would have been even faster.
the results should be up soon and matt usually posts in here when they're ready. i'm really looking forward to robert's pictures when he gets them up on his site; you'll probably find some sick pics of his first mtb race.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Here’s your dude Jerry and that cat is a freaking trip. He had me laughing pretty hard on several occasions.

I have some of the Super D photos up. I’ll have the rest on the site later tonight.

(demodave with the eye of the tiger)