Quantcast

Dark Mtn DH Course Improved - Pics

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
For the past two weekends we have been making improvements to the DH course at Dark Mtn. After our trail day today we finally hit it up...man its a lot more fun than last year & a lot faster too! The first link below contains pics from last weekend & near the bottom of the thread are pics from this weekend. The second link contains action shots from today & lastly the attached pic is of our trail crew from today...THANKS for pitching in! :thumb:

Later

http://trianglemtb.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4664.0

http://www.wilkes.net/~ratfink74/DH/index.htm

Attachments

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
There's still a lot of pedaling areas so a 4X bike would be ideal that said a big bike is a little more fun. Regarding the shuttle we're using three pickup this year...added the third instead of using the trailer. We ask that when riding the shuttle to let the youngsters ride in the cab sense there is an off camber section that the pickup will ride through...don't want them falling off! The DH race is July 8th & XC is on the 9th.

The weather forecast looks awesome for this week so the course should be good & dry for this upcoming weekend. Just let me know if any of you can make it up so we can hook up otherwise I guess I'll be doing the XC thing...

Later

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
downhill66 said:
thats awsome cant wait to race their. hope its not wet though, cuz them logs are gona be bad wet if u land on em wrong ya no. but good fu**in job!!!!!
Already thought of that & have a plan if it gets too wet & dangerous (need to keep the peace with the Rangers)...we'll just pitch them out of the way.:D

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
bizutch said:
two trail dingos? who paid for those?
They no stinking dingo...DITCH WITCH...the only way to blaze! One's the clubs & the others the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. They use it mostly during the week for digging post holes, dozing, etc. They have a 4-way bucket attachment that is key to building jumps & berms quickly. One of the reasons the Corps was able to get funding for theirs was a result of all the trail & hours the club logged so they gladly let us use it & man does it make life a lot easier...:teacher:

Butch, by the way you heard anything on progress at Sugar for the National?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Guard said:

Butch, by the way you heard anything on progress at Sugar for the National?
talked to Kim last week and they are gearing up for it. They've indicated I will be involved and she also said they will need volunteers galore for the event. Haven't heard what the benefits of "volunteering" are or what my role will be. I'm assuming I won't get paid.