Quantcast

Dark Mtn Entry + NORBA License + Gas = Impossible

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I've not missed a local DH race due to funds in a long, long time. But the math for this weekend just isn't going to add up.

Sorry guys. I would love to be there and will miss hanging out with everyone more than you know! But the math works out like this:
$60.00 annual license
$45.00 day of race registration
$35.00 gas for 2 hr drive x2
______
$140.00 Total

Cannot swing it no matter how much I love my sport. Might go to Sugar and give $20.00 to ride all day though.

Matt, for the next race, I'd like to suggest you go another route for insurance. They insure their races through the same insurance company that NORBA uses and you can make your own categories and people won't have to pay that annual license fee to race expert and up. The per rider fee is the exact same and you'll get more ridership b/c experts on hardtails won't have to pay $60.00 to play...?

I hope everyone has an absolute blast this weekend and everyone stay safe! Anybody wants to ride here in Ashevilla, let me know.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Hey Butch, I might be wrong, but I think this is a Cane Creek Series race, so don't they have to do the Norba thing? Sorry you can't make it man. Save that money and get up to one of the Snowshoe races...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
Hey Butch, I might be wrong, but I think this is a Cane Creek Series race, so don't they have to do the Norba thing? Sorry you can't make it man. Save that money and get up to one of the Snowshoe races...
you know how I think....

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Yeah I know everything adds up and makes it hard. The race went pretty well today except it took a while to get the results out and then we still had some errors which, hopefully, all of them were caught. I'm going to double check the spreadsheets when I get them from the timing folks. I had some bad communication, which is totally my fault, the guy in charge of registration & the timing team. We'll get it all straight before sending to USACycling & Cane Creek. Hopefully tomorrow's results will run smoother.

The winter race that Brandon posted has really got us thinking about trying to put something together...

Later

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Guard said:
Yeah I know everything adds up and makes it hard. The race went pretty well today except it took a while to get the results out and then we still had some errors which, hopefully, all of them were caught. I'm going to double check the spreadsheets when I get them from the timing folks. I had some bad communication, which is totally my fault, the guy in charge of registration & the timing team. We'll get it all straight before sending to USACycling & Cane Creek. Hopefully tomorrow's results will run smoother.

The winter race that Brandon posted has really got us thinking about trying to put something together...

Later
Matt,
Just so you know. Us racers are just glad that people like you even put on a race for us. Knowing how much work goes into those things, I just wanted you to know how much it was appreciated.
Little errors and things happen man, but its the race that matters.
It was a fun, tiring day.
Thanks again, JR

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
matt,

killer race as usual! how was the overall turnout? what you expected?

thanks so much for letting noah be involved, i had originally told him that he wouldn't be able to race so it truly made his day to get to ride down the hill with a number plate on :thumb: (and then clear the a-frame jump in practice :D )

thanks to all the racers that "autographed" his helmet ;) especially you doug...i liked the signature "around the hole". :D

man i love that course!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
manimal said:
thanks to all the racers that "autographed" his helmet ;) especially you doug...i liked the signature "around the hole". :D
I'm not comfortable with things like my name on my jersey and autographs, but it was fun seeing your kid having a good time. I wanted to be different, so I thought the hole would be funny.