Quantcast

Dark Mtn Super D Series - March 07

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
The Brushy Mtn Cyclists Club (BMCC) is planning to host a Super D series in March. The series will consist of three races at Dark Mtn in Wilkesboro, NC. The course will include parts of the Burn loop and the downhill course. The race format will be best of two runs and timing will be conducted by stop watches...i.e. chance for human error.:bonk: That said we are staging this series to be more about having fun and also to offer some racing before other series crank up.

In order to control expenses, the top three finishers in each category will receive metals at each individual race and the top five series points finishers in each category will receive prizes. Entry fee will be $20 per class unless we can pick up some cash sponsors between now and then. We will provide nourishment after each race...sub-sandwich.:cheers:

I just received the "go ahead" at our club meeting tonight so additional information will be posted as things come together.

Please provide feedback and comments, thanks!:biggrin:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Sounds great!!! There will be some Super D races down here in Greenville at Paris Mt. next year as well. Please PM me dates when you know them so we will not have our races on the same weekends. :cheers:

Cecil

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Just received confirmation that KENDA will be the series sponsor. As such we are changing the prize structure. The top three finishers for each class at each event will receive prizes. The top three points finishers for each class will receive medals only. Figure this would be easier to deal with...if a top three points finisher isn't at the last event then it would be easier & less expensive to mail a medal rather than tires.:D

Targeted Dates (Sundays):
Race #1 - March 4, 2007
Race #2 - March 18, 2007
Race #3 - April 1, 2007
Backup date - April 8, 2007 (just in case there's snow on the ground)

Event Schedule:
Registration 9am-10:30am
Practice 9am-11am
Riders meeting - 11:30am
Race starts - 12:30pm

Classes (starting order as well):
Pro/Expert Men 19-29
Expert Men 30+
Sport Men 19-29
Sport Men 30+
Pro/Expert Women 19+
Beginner Men 19-29
Beginner Men 30+
Junior Men 15-18
Junior Men 14/U
Sport/Beginner Women 19+
Junior Women 18/U
Pee Wee 9/U (starts mid-course, no entry fee)

Additionally the course will be marked off by 12:00 noon on Saturday's before each event for anyone that wants to practice. This promises to be a pretty good little series. Hope you can join us...fun, fun, fun!!!:happydance:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
damn hopefully i will be able to make it with the 1337 crew man. we werent able to get to dark mountain last year and i am planning on making atleast one of the events this year. thanks for making these races man me and my boys really appreciate it.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
Matt

couldn't be any more excited that you got a series going up there. such a great little stretch of trail. are you planning on having the regular DH course at a race later in the summer as well?

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Will there be a Pro/Expert Men 30+ class or can us 30+ Pro/Expert guys race with the younglings?
We planned for the Pro & Semi Pro of all ages to run with the Experts 19-29 and have the Expert 30+ as a separate class. We are not sure how many Pro's would show up so we decided to structure this class in the same manner as the Cane Creek XC class.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Matt

couldn't be any more excited that you got a series going up there. such a great little stretch of trail. are you planning on having the regular DH course at a race later in the summer as well?
Unfortunately we won't be having a downhill race this year. We decided to apply our resources towards the super d series instead.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
NOOO:disgust: !!! its soo much fun though
I know but's its hard pulling together enough support to cater to 29 classes...the xc classes with the Cane Creek series are numerous however without hosting both dh & xc we can't afford the timing chips. I just received some info about another opportunity for insurance, if it is fruitful then we'll definitely be closer to hosting other events at dark mtn. Keep your fingers crossed:cheers: