Quantcast

Dark Mtn SuperD #1 pics and stories

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
just thought i'd start it off. Yet another great even put on by BMCC. These guys are a model of how it should be done. Hardly any time delays other than freak accidents (like a rider tripping the timing cable :D ). Great prizes for a lot of classes, big turnout, lycra, FREEZING temps! :D

We had a blast riding and chilling with a cool crowd.
See you all april 1st!

i only snagged a few pics and not many of them came out that great. i got a sweet vid of noah railing the first part of the pee-wee's dh course but it'll be uploading for a while. i'll post the link when it's done.

he nearly cleared this log jump. he made it to about the 2nd to last log on his fastest attempt! i was floored!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Greg and I were doing that little triple up top then tripling down off the bank on the next double...but it was a 50/50 chance of killing your speed if you landed on the outside edge too far down the backside.

My favorite part of the entire hill though was definitely the last berm. Oh...and for the next race, someone tape off the exit hump and make that booter on the left bank mandatory. It was SOOO much fun in practice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Greg and I were doing that little triple up top then tripling down off the bank on the next double...but it was a 50/50 chance of killing your speed if you landed on the outside edge too far down the backside.

My favorite part of the entire hill though was definitely the last berm. Oh...and for the next race, someone tape off the exit hump and make that booter on the left bank mandatory. It was SOOO much fun in practice.

Is this the same trails system as the Burn 24 hour race?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Great race! It's the perfect mix of fun and pain. Great bunch of people putting on the races and participating. Thanks for all the hard work. Looking forward to the next one! :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It is the same system, just spiced up for a Super D.
The coolest thing about these type of events is it lets a pure XC racer and a pure DH racer compete on a course and have similar times.
I think they are great for the sport.

Cool, I'm guessing the ends of both courses are the same, a few jumps and some kick ass berms. A really fun place to ride. I wish we had some events like that locally.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Cool vid of noah!

I was hoping to make it just to take a few photos, but i ended up getting really sick last week. :plthumbsdown: Unfortunately I was not really up for hiking up down the hill in the cold recovering from the flu.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
man !!
that little dude was scootin.
you're telling me! i was worried that the 2 older/bigger kids on 24" rigs he was racing would mean having to console him on his first loss, but apparently, the 7 and 8 yr old kids he raced were of XC fame and had never really practiced jumps/logs/berms. noah's time was 1:48 and the next fastest was 2:30-something. the other kids were good sports and they all got along great! as a matter of fact, both of the kids beat noah at sugar last year in the kids short track event so it was kind of cool for him to get to race them on his own turf.
it was pretty rad to watch the two older kids on bigger bikes get off and walk over the log jump and then, in contrast, watch tiny noah on a 20" rig nearly clear all of the logs :thumb:
thanks matt for making this such a family friendly race :thumb:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Those are some great pics!! That course looks fun, wish i could go on the 18th but ill be in costa rica. Hopefully some of the Clemson crew and I can make it out there for the 3rd race.

Was there no shuttling?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
That's because they took a pic of you as you were landing.
Look at the other photog in both pics.:twitch:
actually when I saw that guy in the background in the pic of me, I thought he was a racer who had quit and was weeping openly trailside at that point....

And Joey, need I remind you of your impressive imitation of a rock scorpion I witnessed?:clapping:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
actually when I saw that guy in the background in the pic of me, I thought he was a racer who had quit and was weeping openly trailside at that point....

And Joey, need I remind you of your impressive imitation of a rock scorpion I witnessed?:clapping:
buddy boy.
i make hundreds and hundreds of runs up here every year.
most of em are at full tilt.

rarely do i crash.
i can live very well with turfing hard once or twice a year for as much as i ride there.
it's a better ratio than most others up here.

and i'm sure i'll get bitchslapped a couple of times this year as well.

most guys my age can't take the hit.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
buddy boy.
i make hundreds and hundreds of runs up here every year.
most of em are at full tilt.

rarely do i crash.
i can live very well with turfing hard once or twice a year for as much as i ride there.
it's a better ratio than most others up here.

and i'm sure i'll get bitchslapped a couple of times this year as well.

most guys my age can't take the hit.
ain't that the truth. Guys half your age make one trip there and don't come back. :clapping: