Quantcast

Darth Vader meets 1980 (My 08' V10)

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
My 2008 V10 showed up last week, and I finally got it built up. I'm very impressed to see that they replaced the dropout system for the new (lessexpensive to replace) set up. I really didn't factor in weight when building the bike. I had some Ti hardware laying around from a previous sponsorship, but aside from that I went with components I felt confident in, opposed to the lightest, which is a bit backwards from usual for me. That being said, it sits at 39.17lbs with DH tubes, which I'm pretty damn stoked with 8-) I'm still messing with my drivetrain, so the chain isn't fully cut. I may take alittle bit more off my front brake line. The seat is defenitly getting swapped for a devo. However, you guys get the idea 8-) Here are some specs and pics for ya'll.

08' V10, Anodized Black, Medium
08' Rock Shox Vivid 5.1
07' Boxxer WC, Team lowers, custom decals
Industry Nines, Rims to be replaced with EX721s
Chris King headset
30" (Yes, really.) Chromag Flat bars
Avid Codes 203mm (Ti Hardware)
Gravity Cranks
Sram X9 Derailleur
Sram X9 Shifter
E13 Direct Mount Stem (Ti hardware)
E13 LG1 (Ti Hardware)
E13 36T Guide Ring
Sram 970 Cassette, bottom 6
Sram 990 Chain (currently uncut, will be soon)
Spot singlespeed spacer kit
Thomson Elite seatpost
Michelin Comp 16's 2.5
Time Atac pedals
Lizardskin Peaty grips

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Do you have a close up picture of the dropout you are speaking about? Did the shock come as standard spec or did you pay to upgrade it?

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Where did you pick up those bars? I am running wide flat bars on my Bullit: Planet X trials bars that are at least 29".

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Do you have a close up picture of the dropout you are speaking about? Did the shock come as standard spec or did you pay to upgrade it?
No close ups, sorry. Basically, there is a replaceable hanger now, instead of a replaceable dropout system WITH a hanger ($100, everytime)

The shock is not standard spec. I upgraded it.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Where did you pick up those bars?
They aren't something chromag will be offering. Last season I had someone inside the industry spin me some aluminum inserts accurate to .01mm", and JB welded them in. A solution to a pre-30" market which has proven to be a very solid solution to a now addressed problem.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
that bike looks sick!!!

i can't believe you're making a push for the purple ano throw-back. as anti as i may be, that looks pretty damn good.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
nice! i also rock the purple bits on my jump bike (bianchi turquoise and purple w/ black), but really like the black/purple thing. my slopestyle bike last year was supposed to be purple i9's, stem, link, various bolts, post, and seat accent but changed it up instead.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
whooooooa that's super cool. the new frames have a nice form to them, and the purple i9s and boxxer stickers are amazing.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Actually, I checked my bars. They are listed at 760mm which works out to 29.92 inches :)

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Boo Sparky I wanted to be one of the first to see!

Haha, looks even better then expected... and I was expecting alot!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
That ride is PIMP!

Pimp Cadillac Purple is the name of that color I believe... :biggrin:

I dig the frame color - man... black ano with white graphics always looks badass.