Quantcast

Dates for races in the South East?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Guys does anyone know what Dates we already have races here in the South East set in April? Is the 20th or 27th clear?

What are the Carter's Lake dates?
I know Dark Mt.'s race is early May.

Thanks,

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Dammit...it was a joke that Cecil obviously didn't get even though he brought it to my attention. March 14th is man's version of valentine's day. Google it or something.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
cool, i think i'm going to choose local races this year for any conflicting dates...especially the dark mtn series.

i'm hoping they have something at carters lake, that looks super fun and perfect for the bottlerocket.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Guys does anyone know what Dates we already have races here in the South East set in April? Is the 20th or 27th clear?

What are the Carter's Lake dates?
I know Dark Mt.'s race is early May.

Thanks,
April 5th 2008 - Bakers Dozen 13 Hour Race - Hickory Knob State Park –North
April 6th - SERC #2 Bryson, City, NC - Tsali - Knobscorcher
Pisgah Area SORBA “Save the Trails Challenge”Saturday, April 12th 2008 Dupont State Forest
April 19th 2008 - Cohutta 35/100 - Ocoee White Water Center,
April 20th Tiger Rag 2008, Clemson, SC
April 20th 2008 Down East Series - The Bicycle Post Trail, Greenville, NC
April 26-27 2008 - Nimblewill Mountain Bike Festival - Dahlonega, GA
April 27th Georgia SERC #3 - Winder, GA - Fort Yargo Park (SERC #3)

None of which are SuperD or DH but i know a Few XC'er that what be into a SuperD

have what i know of posted on the site HERE

those are all xc races aren't they??

I think Cecil is looking for DH, super D, or DS stuff that conflicts with his schedule.

Most of the guys in the south forum don't shave their legs and count the RPM's they spin as they are fly down windrock. Although Cecil is suspect with regard to the leg shaving - maybe the shop vac sucks the hair off his legs???

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Everything's up in the air for Carter's. I'll see if Brady will chime in.

And BTW...nice kill Butch, nice kill.
Carters will be happening. We are shortening the schedule from five races to three races. I will post the dates we selected when we have it firmed up.

But it is going to happen, we have purchased our licenses from USACE for the events.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Although Cecil is suspect with regard to the leg shaving - maybe the shop vac sucks the hair off his legs???
Ha Ha, I do think I have more hair on my legs than your able to grow on you head!!!!!!:busted:

As for dates now the park is say the first dates that we would be able to hold a race is in Oct. Guess that just gives us more time to get things together. I may try to make it the SC State DH Championship or something like that. We will see. This time I don't have a new born and a wife that just gave birth, plus I already have help form the SORBA crew. I meet with the park again next Wed. to lock in a date.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
We got the dates picked out. We are not changing any dates that have been previously published in SORBA literature, we are just selecting 3 from the 5 that were published. So no re-arranging of anyones schedule is necessary.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
So you guys had to go USAC? Man I thought I had a schedule that escaped me
blowing a buck fifty for a license.

Looking at a Mid May Date for the Backyard Supercross Dual Slalom race.
Anyone have the scoop on crap that month?
Wanted to do April but, looks like Windrock month and I don't want to miss any of those or schedule on top of either.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
USACE = US Army Corps of Engineers, not what you're thinking. They have to get a license from USACE since the park is under their jurisdiction (if that's the proper word). Brady's trying to hook up insurance through other means.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
As Jeff said. We are doing independent insurance so no USAC/NORBA license needed. However, the ironic thing is our insurance will be from the same company that does USAC/NORBA..... Makes you wonder...

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yah sorry bout the thread jack but, I had planned to be out of town
for the weekend now I got til bout 4 to ride so I think Pete and I
and 1 or 2 more may go. Wish I had known then.

Yo Jeff I ain't got a babysitter for Sunday but, will prolly come hang and watch.

Yeah check the PM's Mike and I will hit yah with some diff. rythm sketch ideas...

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Well this sucks, I really cant make any of the gravity assisted races! you wont see me doing XC. well, i mean in a race. last time I did one, I got raped! well, in a I was like 3rd to the last person finish. haha, i'll pass. does anyone just want to tape off a nice DH trail or something, collect some money, go get prizes at wal-mart and call it a race! HAHAHA. eh, I hate living in charleston.