Quantcast

David Blaine is out of his mind!!!!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
David Blaine performed such a horrific, gory illusion at a taping of Carson Daly's late-night show, NBC was considering canceling the segment. "Oh God, it was so gross - David pulled his beating heart out of his chest, put it back in, and then collapsed," said one spy at the taping. "He had to be carried off the stage by some helpers. Some girls in the audience ran out crying and screaming, while Carson just stood there stunned and they blacked out the stage."

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/7518/

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
ohh!, y`ll scared me for nothing, and i clicked the link thinking am gonna get shocked enough to stop drinking my mango juice.. i kinda get the creeps thinking am gonna watch something like faces of death, or paramedics... and then this comes... boooooooo!!!!!!!! i want my money back!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
how can you pull a heart out without cutting off the arteries and snap?

like honestly, the sounds he made were quite greusome, and i liked the falling over crap, but it would be physically impossible to pull your own heart out in that amount of time, and i don't think a man of his size and strength could do it in any amount of time...

neat act though, i want to try.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sandwich said:
how can you pull a heart out without cutting off the arteries and snap?

like honestly, the sounds he made were quite greusome, and i liked the falling over crap, but it would be physically impossible to pull your own heart out in that amount of time, and i don't think a man of his size and strength could do it in any amount of time...

neat act though, i want to try.
uh: latex chest + fake heart. you can't do that in reality since you have ribs, sternum, thymus, pericardium in the way, and yes, arteries (aorta!) and veins (sup. and inf. vena cava) among other vessels are attached

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
uh: duh

what i was saying was how could anybody possibly believe it were real? i thought people knew what ribs were and such....but i guess not.

you basically said exactly what i just said. every sense of logic in the world would tell you that this was fake, and i laughed when i saw it...i can't believe anybody would faint from something like that...

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Way too gay thats a DB specialty of fake crap BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, it would have been way better if he took a gun and blew his brains out :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ;) ;) ;) ;) .....JMO ;) :heart: :heart:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Silver said:
Didn't he pull his heart out of the left side of his chest?

What kind of retard believes this **** anyways?
thats where the heart is, so dont be so quick to talk about retards...RETARD

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Silver said:
Didn't he pull his heart out of the left side of his chest?

What kind of retard believes this **** anyways?
yeah, the heart is in the left side of the chest. extends from the 2nd to 6th ribs basically and goes slightly over the midline to the right, extending quite far to the left. how far it goes depends on how big your heart is (failing hearts are bigger), how big you are, how tall vs. wide your chest is, etc.

here's a fun link for you: http://www.vh.org/adult/provider/radiology/NormalRadAnatomy/Text/ThorImagtitle.html

keep in mind that in those images the patient's left is on the right side of the image, as if they were facing you.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
thats where the heart is, so dont be so quick to talk about retards...RETARD
I will defer to Toshi here, his knowledge of this is much greater than mine...but having said that, looking the images Toshi posted, the heart is slightly on the left side, with a significant part of it on the right side of the sternum. Blaine looked like he pulled it out of his left nipple.

So yeah, if you believe that a man can pull his heart out of his thorax and live, you are a retard. Maybe even not that smart.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Silver said:
but having said that, looking the images Toshi posted, the heart is slightly on the left side, with a significant part of it on the right side of the sternum. Blaine looked like he pulled it out of his left nipple.
ok these pictures are of a patient facing you, there fore the right side of the screen is actually the left side of the body, look at the little L in the corner... guess what it stands for

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
ok these pictures are of a patient facing you, there fore the right side of the screen is actually the left side of the body, look at the little L in the corner... guess what it stands for
You notice the heart extending under the sternum, across the spine, to the right side of the chest, you mouth breathing moron?

edit: You're from Spokane. That explains things. Sorry!

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
all im saying is that you said the heart was slightly on the left side, and significantly on the right side.... what ever i think this pic says it all

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
all im saying is that you said the heart was slightly on the left side, and significantly on the right side...[/IMG]
Which totally misses my original point.

What kind of retard believes this ****?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Silver said:
I will defer to Toshi here, his knowledge of this is much greater than mine...but having said that, looking the images Toshi posted, the heart is slightly on the left side, with a significant part of it on the right side of the sternum. Blaine looked like he pulled it out of his left nipple.
the apex of the heart might extend to the left nipple, but yes, it would be hard to pull your heart out from there. indiana jones and the temple of doom had it much more correct :D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's more of a (sort of mundane) special makeup effect than a real illusion, isn't it? Anyhow, I don't think anyone actually BELIEVED it...they know he's an illusionist...but it's still pretty gross.

I mean, it's not like in the Temple of Doom when they *really* pulled the guy's heart out or anything.

MD