Quantcast

Davison has best championships yet

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Specialized Racing's Lea Davison logged her best-ever world championship finish this weekend at the cross country mountain bike worlds in Saalfelden, Austria. </p><p>
</p><p>
Davison, who was representing the United States, finished eighth in the six-lap elite women's cross country race aboard her Specialized S-Works Fate 29er. Her previous best finish was 10th at the Worlds last year in Champery, Switzerland. It was a beautiful, sunny, warm day out on the 4.5km course.</p><p>
</p><p>
"I just kept moving up the entire race. I would lose a little bit on that technical descent every lap, but I was climbing well," said Davison. "I had some good luck on the last descent. There was kind of a pile-up at the bottom, and I just squeaked by and passed some more girls on the last climb."</p><p>
</p><p>
Davison raced with a SRAM drivetrain including trigger shifters, 38/26 chainrings and an 11-36 cassette. She used a Specialized S-Works Ground Control 2.10 tire up front and a Fast Track 2.00 tire in the rear.</p><p>
</p><p>
The day after the cross country, she participated in the first-ever eliminator world championship, where she qualified third and finished ninth.</p><p>
</p><p>
In the men's eight-lap cross country race, recently crowned Olympic champion Jaroslav Kulhavy raced the best looking bike on the course. In celebration of his Olympic gold medal, Specialized made the Czech Republic rider a custom, gold-colored S-Works Specialized Epic 29er with 2013 Rockshox SID fooverall on the day. He is now tied for fourth overall in 450 point standings.</p><p>
</p><p>
Baggett Keeps it Steady</p><p>
Baggett rode with the red plate for the ninth consecutive round at the Unadilla National, and was keeping the championship in mind as he focused on having a solid, steady weekend. A 3-5 finish gave him fifth overall, and keeps him leading the 250 class by a solid 24 points. He will ride with the red plate for the 10th consecutive round at the Steel City National in two weeks.</p><p>
</p><p>
The 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship will take a week off before heading to the 11th round of the series, which will be held at the Steel City National on September 1 in Delmont, Pa.</p>

More...