Quantcast

Dawn of a New Era

fly rider

Chimp
Mar 31, 2005
broomfield
Concerned dh and freeride mountain bikers met at the Denver Spoke last night to talk about JeffCo's need for dh trails at Open Space parks. Dave Cohen, one of the mountain bike reps on JeffCo's Trails Use Task Force, has been working hard to make this a reality and it seems that Open Space management has finally agreed that this is the only solution to solving overcrowding and speed differential issues affecting multi-use trails. They want our input and recommendations as well as a comitment to help with construction and maintenance. In order to meet these needs the CDCC has been brought back. Here are some of the things that we discussed last night.

-The focus of the CDCC is JeffCo and working within the system to get dh and freeride trails at Open Space parks.
-We feel the board should be streamlined to match our narrowed focus. We recommend that Shane Meyer, Matt Thompson, and I act as board representatives. If anyone is opposed to this the let us know.
-Representatives responsibilities will include attending appropriate Open Space meetings, organizing volunteers, educating puplic, and keeping the CDCC membership informed.
-In order to do a better job of keeping our membership informed we will get our website up as soon as possible, thanks to Even Chute and Greg Burger. In the meantime I have started a yahoo user group to help get important info out. It's listed under the CDCC. Formers members please sign up.
-There will be no new club dues for '05. We already have almost $800 in our account. Our IMBA membership has been kept current thanks to Shane. We have the info we need to set up our non-profit status and are working on that. Web hosting will be free, thanks to Greg, until our site starts to get more responses.

We also need input on what things riders want out of new trails and locations that meet our criteria.

Again please sign up to the CDCC yahoo group to stay up to date. Our website should be up in a few weeks. Thanks to everyone who showed up last night. If you have any questions or comments send them to bikelogic@yahoo.com or call me, Kent, at 303.781.3931. Cheers.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Let's be honest Jeff, If these trails are anywhere in the Golden area or south... it will take me not that much more time to get to there then it will for you. But I'm sure that I may need to get a different car with better gas mileage to make the trip every so often.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
15 minutes for me to get to Golden, 1 hour 15 for you from the Springs....It takes me 35 minutes to get to LITTLETON from here, think about it...

Why did you decide to go to Co Springs anyway? Change of scenery?

Not razzin' just wonderin'

Oh and I realize we're completely putting the cart before the horse on this one...i'll believe it when I see it.

Kinda funny how it seems like the people shuttleing multi-access trails were the ones responsible for getting Jeffco's attention and recognizing a viable need for a DH trail

fly rider

Chimp
Mar 31, 2005
broomfield
As far as next meeting for the CDCC goes there is nothing planned at the moment. I will be attending the TCS dh focus group meeting on the 19th so that we can get their recommendations but this is not a CDCC meeting. Matt, Shane and I will also be attending the Trails Use Task Force meeting on the 21st. During this meeting Dave Cohen, TUTF mtb rep extrordinaire, will be giving a 10 minute presentation outlining the difference between DH and XC and thier different needs. 5 minutes will be a video presentation which the CDCC is assisting in and the other 5 minutes will be for discussion and Q and A with the three of us there to answer any questions about our sport. As far as proceeding after that we will keep you posted.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
The meeting at Spoke was fairly productive, and it sounds like Matty is willing to do whatever it takes to drive this process along quickly. Kent, if there's anything I can do for CDCC or just in general shoot me an email.

Phil