Quantcast

Dawn of the Dead

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
just finished watching it. anyone else like this movie as much as i did? The original one was bad ass but the new one pretty much rules. I especially liked the extras with all the techniques and setups for the special effects. that seems like a job i would like to have.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
that makeup is so rad. the fact that is actually a dude was pretty wild. i think that dress looks hot on her. the skin tone color goes well with her purple and yellow skin.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It was alright - entertaining in parts. However, whoever shot that last 10 minutes or so and decided to incorporate the seizure-inducing pieces of the credits should be shot. And burned. And cut into bite-sized chunks. And burned again.

It almost made me nauseous to watch - what kind of brain dead moron thinks that 10 seconds clips flashing on and off a black screen is anything but incredibly painful to watch?

Echo.. link to the review? I'm at work and can't browse his site here but direct links are usually fine :D

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I did not like this new and extra lame version. Why the hell can't they leave these movies alone. The remake contributes nothing. It isn't even a movie. Like most of the horror-suspense movies of recent, it is just a nonsensical stream of stylized crap for the american music video watching crowd of little to no attention span.

That's all I got for now.

Shaun of the Dead: Now this is worth watching. Very witty. Very entertaining. :thumb::thumb:

Furthermore: George Romero is working on a new movie - Land of the Dead. Will reserve judgement for now. Hmmm..

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MudGrrl said:
Shaun of the Dead :thumb: :D
yes. :thumb:

binary visions said:
It was alright - entertaining in parts. However, whoever shot that last 10 minutes or so and decided to incorporate the seizure-inducing pieces of the credits should be shot. And burned. And cut into bite-sized chunks. And burned again.

It almost made me nauseous to watch - what kind of brain dead moron thinks that 10 seconds clips flashing on and off a black screen is anything but incredibly painful to watch?
i concur. :oink:

i liken Zombie movies to being surrounded by people that voted for Bush. You can't really kill them or run away from them, there are just too many. Your best bet is to just make fun of them. :dancing:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Skookum said:
yes. :thumb:

i concur. :oink:

i liken Zombie movies to being surrounded by people that voted for Bush. You can't really kill them or run away from them, there are just too many. Your best bet is to just make fun of them. :dancing:

you are my new hero.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
awsomest movie ever!
and shawn of the dead was awsome too, have both on dvd.

bohica

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
just south of everywhere
dawn of the dead was pretty good for a remake. the original was better. shaun of the dead was awesome. supposedly, romero's 4th installment in the dead series, land of the dead, will be out in december of this year. from what I"ve read, it's supposed to redefine the zombie movie genre.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
ROCKLAND said:
I did not like this new and extra lame version. Why the hell can't they leave these movies alone. The remake contributes nothing. It isn't even a movie. Like most of the horror-suspense movies of recent, it is just a nonsensical stream of stylized crap for the american music video watching crowd of little to no attention span.

That's all I got for now.

Shaun of the Dead: Now this is worth watching. Very witty. Very entertaining. :thumb::thumb:

Furthermore: George Romero is working on a new movie - Land of the Dead. Will reserve judgement for now. Hmmm..
I read the script for Land Of The Dead.....ho hum...kinda disappointing. I was all excited when I got it but at the end I was kinda bummed...

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
bohica said:
dawn of the dead was pretty good for a remake. the original was better. shaun of the dead was awesome. supposedly, romero's 4th installment in the dead series, land of the dead, will be out in december of this year. from what I"ve read, it's supposed to redefine the zombie movie genre.
Really? Damn...I didn't get that impression at all from the script...so far casting for Land of The Dead leaves a lot to be desired...I don't think it's gonna be that good...

Shaun Of The Dead was one of my favorite films this year...

bohica

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
just south of everywhere
Craw said:
Really? Damn...I didn't get that impression at all from the script...so far casting for Land of The Dead leaves a lot to be desired...I don't think it's gonna be that good...

Shaun Of The Dead was one of my favorite films this year...

I haven't had a chance to read the script, but I figure most of his movies have been using unknown or lesser known actors so I don't put too much stock in casting selections. I'm stoked to see this movie when it comes out. good zombie flicks are hard to come by. Although I really like Resident Evil 2.