Quantcast

@@@Dawn Patrol@@@

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My trusty old collarbone has been hurting and getting a bit of a lump at the old fracture so I was hoping for an easy week, lifted out another three hyd cylinders today, boooo.
This blurry shot is a straight edge inside a cylinder's bore, some dingus whacked it so hard the the piston couldn't retract and also farked the pressure seal and sorta the piston.
P_20220621_135552.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sorry to hear that bruvs. Hope it's minor and you recover quickly.
thanks. tested the rest of the family and it looks like I'm the only one, so far. started showing symptoms yesterday morning. mild symptoms - sore throat (but no cough), muscle aches, and just feeling run down. slight metallic taste in my mouth, but can still taste food.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Craaaap, my memory sucks, just ordered a rim that uses Sqorx nipples and washers.
I promised myself when I did the last one that was the only time I'd ever use nipples with washers, I'm hammer fisted luddite, fiddly shit ain't for me.

Did get CX-Ray spokes, skipped a few dentist visits so I could afford them, bike stuff is expensive now, I have done no Corona shopping!
Comma comma comma, comma.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Nice 75 minute spin. note to self, you are non functional at 4 am. Load the water bottle onto the bike the night before. Yep left it on the kitchen counter. Would have been nice to have something to drink out there, not that an hour ride without it was going to kill me but....
2022_0621_04222300.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My boobs are sore. Riding motos was awesome, the wife is getting braver and did awesome on the medium trails. She admitted she wouldn't feel comfortable on the trails on a bike. But at least she is willing on the quad. It's great to do stuff together vs me solo riding with her reading a book in the truck. She still does that, too. But only a little bit now. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work. JOY!

So much to do, so little time. Have Friday off, but its to travel to a wedding on Saturday, meh. Will bring bike, as I'll have lots of down time while the girlfriend is off taking pictures and other crap, but not sure if anything there is dry enough to be worth it.

Also have a painful bump on the back of my neck. Like a big pimple deep down in the skin or something. I want it out right meow!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
At approx. 0703, one of the dickheads in my neighborhood commenced using a power washer or some kid of high pitched compressor driven piece of machinery. Thank the FSM I am awake and headed to work or I would go over and shove a high pressure hose where nature did not intend it to go.

Oh yeah...good morning folks. Going to listen to some death metal today, just to express my rage.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At approx. 0703, one of the dickheads in my neighborhood commenced using a power washer or some kid of high pitched compressor driven piece of machinery. Thank the FSM I am awake and headed to work or I would go over and shove a high pressure hose where nature did not intend it to go.

Oh yeah...good morning folks. Going to listen to some death metal today, just to express my rage.
Same this morning over here, except it was some folks cleaning old paint off the fire hydrants with pneumatic powered needle guns. Generator and air compressor going in the bed of the truck.

There is always some donkey weed wacking at 7am, every Sunday. :dead:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Morning Monkeys.

My boobs are sore. Riding motos was awesome, the wife is getting braver and did awesome on the medium trails. She admitted she wouldn't feel comfortable on the trails on a bike. But at least she is willing on the quad. It's great to do stuff together vs me solo riding with her reading a book in the truck. She still does that, too. But only a little bit now. :rofl:
Almost all of my bicycle riding is with my wife, no hall pass ever required.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Morning Monkeys.

909707C4-0F87-407C-AC48-DED643AF272A.gif

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Jon, I’d call your PCP and see if they think you should get Paxlovid. Since y0re fat.

/me is working 1-4:45 or so from home today. 9 am boring Zoom meeting == Peloton time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Tis Tuesday, tis busy. More peeps coming by to quote gutters (why does autocorrecr insist it's Gutters?!).

I should order some tools.

Jon, I’d call your PCP and see if they think you should get Paxlovid. Since y0re fat.

/me is working 1-4:45 or so from home today. 9 am boring Zoom meeting == Peloton time.
How fat, exactly, does one need to be before Paxlovid is recommended?

And thanks for the reminder. I need a PCP. Haven't been to the doctor in 15 years. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Almost all of my bicycle riding is with my wife, no hall pass ever required.
I got her a cruiser that she likes more than the hybrid she had when we met. But she only likes short rides around the hood or on the bike path downtown by the water. She's not into trails or climbing, more meandering than riding.

There was a small group at the bottom of the skills course. Military trail winds around it, so we had to ride past them. The trail was pretty rutted and a little steep, but she pinned it and got over the hump. I almost turned around when I saw her sitting at the bottom, but the guys told her to just gas it and she did. She was so excited when she got up to me. We ended up turning around up further, but she made it pretty far.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I got her a cruiser that she likes more than the hybrid she had when we met. But she only likes short rides around the hood or on the bike path downtown by the water. She's not into trails or climbing, more meandering than riding.

There was a small group at the bottom of the skills course. Military trail winds around it, so we had to ride past them. The trail was pretty rutted and a little steep, but she pinned it and got over the hump. I almost turned around when I saw her sitting at the bottom, but the guys told her to just gas it and she did. She was so excited when she got up to me. We ended up turning around up further, but she made it pretty far.
I was meaning more for your moto riding, if she can participate you're both better off.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was meaning more for your moto riding, if she can participate you're both better off.
For sure. She wasn't into it in the beginning. Her family does dunes trips with quads, but she never rode. But after we got together she decided she would try it so she could ride with me and the daughter. But we sold off everything a while back once my girl was too cool for us.

It was actually the wife that brought up getting another moto last winter, of course I didn't hesitate. :rofl:

I've never been with a girl who rides, so I'll take anything.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
weird few days with the passing of a friend last week. luckily I've been working a program of sadness and alcohol, so I'm managing.

work is busy as fuck, but that's good.

cooler temps today may = lunch ride.