Quantcast

Day #3 of 10 Day Apple Juice Fast

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
No idea, at the end of this is a gall bladder cleanse consisting of a quart of olive oil and a cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice (consumed in one evening) followed the next day by a particular coffee cleansing I wont mention. My pipes are gonna be shinin.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Apple juice is nothing but sugar water. At least eat apples, same amount of calories but at least the fiber will stop the sugar from absorbing so fast and giving you insulin spikes.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Well I realize it might not be the healthiest thing to do, but it's also a discipline thing too. And in the process, I'm breaking the neuronets of the repetive programs that run in my head that make me crave junk.

Plus the gall bladder cleanse is cool. The average American has about a cup of gall stones in their gall bladder. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like crap shacking up in my gut.

I did this gall bladder cleanse 2 years ago. Apple Juice 5-7 days followed by the gall bladder (olive oil and lemon juice part) and the next day when what felt like bone cancer wore off, I felt like superman and went out and ate a fat fat porterhouse steak. That was a mistake though, it was too much of a shock to my system and I ended up booting it 10 minutes after consumption.

It's not just about the cleansing, it's about dealing with the whole process and the discipline involved. You start this and say "I do not expect to be hungry"

It works, I'm not hungry. I crave a big ass angry beef burger, yes, but I'm not suffering from hunger. I'm not dizzy. I also drink 2 small protein shakes per day to keep up some of the other elements. Of course the protein powder is mixed with the apple juice :mumble:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
if my calculations are correct, you have consumed 7460 calories of apple juice since monday. today is only the begining of wednesday so you are consuming about 3730 calories a day of apple juice which is pratically suagr water ( as someone stated before). you would be far more likely to lose weight by just cutting down to 2000-2500 calories a day of normal food. a well balanced diet and regualr excercise is the only healthy and permanent solution for weight loss and maintenance.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
How well do you keep yourself hydrated?

If your urine is always coming out dark and smelly you might want to drink some more water.

If your body is properly hydrated you won't be as hungry in between meals.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Survey says XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There are 720 calories in a gallon of trader joes apple juice. I'm drinking roughly a gallon a day. A little prune juice and 2 protein shakes per day. It's about 1500 calories or less.

I lost 10 lbs last year doing this. I gained it back over the winter. This is not a diet substitute, it's the precursor to a gall bladder cleanse as well.

This has more to do with torture than anything else. At 6'1, I'm about 178-180 which is fine for my BMI anyhow.

I had about a 1/4 cup of gall stones last year or 2 years ago when I did this.

I realize what your saying about diet. I understand that exercize and diet are the only way to lose weight. As I say to my wife. Going on a diet is not a 2 month thing, it's a life.

Kevin

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Knuck, you are one bizarre individual, but the board is always a bit more entertaining when you're here...

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
binary visions said:
Knuck, you are one bizarre individual, but the board is always a bit more entertaining when you're here...
Thanks chief. I like to save up posts for something out of the ordinary. Don't you get sick of hearing about Brittney Spores?

Anyhow Narlus. After the olive oil lemon juice is consumed and might I add, we're talking about freshly squeezed lemon juice. It's like peanut butter and burns all the way down and feels like a brick of battery acid in your gut. The olive oil releases the stones, and the lemon juice smoothes the stones out so they don't have jagged edges when they pass :x

Now the next day after you've slept on your left side? right side? I have to recheck that one, anyhow you put a screen in the bowl of the toilet. Since you've not eaten solids for 5 days, all that will be released is bile and stones which will be caught in the net. Don some rubber gloves, wash off the stones, put them in a mason jar and show them to your relatives before they are about to go out for fried clams and onion rings.

:D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Knuckleslammer said:
Now the next day after you've slept on your left side? right side? I have to recheck that one, anyhow you put a screen in the bowl of the toilet. Since you've not eaten solids for 5 days, all that will be released is bile and stones which will be caught in the net. Don some rubber gloves, wash off the stones, put them in a mason jar and show them to your relatives before they are about to go out for fried clams and onion rings.

:D
you HAVE to take pictures.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I had a room mate that did this juice cleanse thing once per year. Nothing but fruit juice. He swore off caffeine, nicotine, and various other drugs that he regularly partook in. By the end of the week we wanted to *KILL* him. He was such an irritable ass. He was a much better / nicer person under the influence of drugs.

Knuckleslammer said:
Survey says XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There are 720 calories in a gallon of trader joes apple juice. I'm drinking roughly a gallon a day. A little prune juice and 2 protein shakes per day. It's about 1500 calories or less.

I lost 10 lbs last year doing this. I gained it back over the winter. This is not a diet substitute, it's the precursor to a gall bladder cleanse as well.

This has more to do with torture than anything else. At 6'1, I'm about 178-180 which is fine for my BMI anyhow.

I had about a 1/4 cup of gall stones last year or 2 years ago when I did this.

I realize what your saying about diet. I understand that exercize and diet are the only way to lose weight. As I say to my wife. Going on a diet is not a 2 month thing, it's a life.

Kevin
And fvcking yourself up with dietary fads can be a death of sorts, if that's what you're after.

Glad to see you back knuck, I'd be gladder if you'd stop hitting yourself in the head with hammers. :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
johnbryanpeters said:
And fvcking yourself up with dietary fads can be a death of sorts, if that's what you're after.

Glad to see you back knuck, I'd be gladder if you'd stop hitting yourself in the head with hammers. :rolleyes:
Grump.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Japanese monks had a cool diet where they would eat nothing but pine needles until they died of malnutrition. Cool part was the massive weight loss and level of pine tar like substance in their tissue preserved their bodies. They basically embalmed/mummified themselves while alive.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Knuckleslammer said:
I'm breaking the neuronets of the repetive programs that run in my head
The neuronets, huh?:think: Are you a doctor? You're talking some crazy medical jargon there man. :rolleyes:
Although something in your head might already be broken if you think this diet is a good or healthy thing.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Westy said:
Japanese monks had a cool diet where they would eat nothing but pine needles until they died of malnutrition. Cool part was the massive weight loss and level of pine tar like substance in their tissue preserved their bodies. They basically embalmed/mummified themselves while alive.
I'm gonna write a book on that, call it the "Aspen Mountains Diet", and make a million bucks.

I'll cut you a check for 20% for giving me the idea.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
you can always count on westy for an amusing anecdote.

:thumb:

Westy said:
They also consume something with arsenic in it, I forget the details... See recent issues of National Geographic - something on poisons...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
I'm gonna write a book on that, call it the "Aspen Mountains Diet", and make a million bucks.

I'll cut you a check for 20% for giving me the idea.
If and when you would ever poop it would make your bathroom smell like the forest too. Remember the big money is in the merchandising, get with Mars or Nestle to make some Aspen Mountain Diet pine needle bars and Starbucks to make an Aspen Mountain Diet pine tar latte.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ridemonkey said:
Hey what a coincedence. I am consuming nothing but beer and bacon for 10 days. I'm on day 4 and feeling great!
If you can remember that you're on day 4, then you're not dieting hard enough.

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
Hey what a coincedence. I am consuming nothing but beer and bacon for 10 days. I'm on day 4 and feeling great!
I am on the veggie burger and beer diet... oh gawd, its been about a year or so now...