Quantcast

>>>Day after Irish excessive drinking day GMT<<<

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Spent st paddys in bed resting because of my cold. There's a downside to being mask-free, ya know...

Decided to finally put effort in to selling my DH bike. Love it, and love riding it, but ride it once every other year. Facebook has been constant "Is this available" and no followup, or "what's the lowest you'll go" scams. I've had so much better luck with bike parts there, but not this... Maybe I need to drop my price.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Worked late last night, back here early today. No bueno, but am trying to move all meetings so that I can leave here at 3:30.

Got home last night, cracked a beer and thought hey, its kind of late to go for a ride, lets just dust off the bike and clean the chain instead. Before I know it, I'm three beers deep and the entire drive train is in a bucket being cleaned. How does that happen every single time? Can't just clean one thing... :panic:

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Worked late last night, back here early today. No bueno, but am trying to move all meetings so that I can leave here at 3:30.

Got home last night, cracked a beer and thought hey, its kind of late to go for a ride, lets just dust off the bike and clean the chain instead. Before I know, I'm three beers deep and the entire drive train is in a bucket being cleaned. How does that happen every single time? Can't just clean one thing... :panic:
This is the way. (Fresh wax shot.)

A0DA92A7-B57B-4170-A35D-769A9C7BD899.jpeg

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Friday! I got an easy 7 mile run done early. With the thick the fog, the light from my headlamp was just shining back in my face. I could actually see better without it thanks to the full moon. It was an otherwise pleasant run. Looks like tomorrow will be another Saturday rainout, like the last 2 or 3.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got home last night, cracked a beer and thought hey, its kind of late to go for a ride, lets just dust off the bike and clean the chain instead. Before I know it, I'm three beers deep and the entire drive train is in a bucket being cleaned. How does that happen every single time? Can't just clean one thing... :panic:
that's why i started keeping a recycling bin in my workshop

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
as anticipated my morning transports were a shit show. The add on that my boss tossed in over my objection (5 miles out of my way) turned out to be a cancellation. That was followed by a red light runner and almost getting sideswiped by a riced out WRX weaving through heavy freeway commute traffic at close to 100 mph.

anyways back home for breakfast and more coffee. I also just put together a doughball for making pizza tonight. It's resting in the fridge all oiled up in a covered proofing dish until this afternoon. back on the road in 45 minutes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
as anticipated my morning transports were a shit show. The add on that my boss tossed in over my objection (5 miles out of my way) turned out to be a cancellation. That was followed by a red light runner and almost getting sideswiped by a riced out WRX weaving through heavy freeway commute traffic at close to 100 mph.

anyways back home for breakfast and more coffee. I also just put together a doughball for making pizza tonight. It's resting in the fridge all oiled up in a covered proofing dish until this afternoon. back on the road in 45 minutes.
Why aren't you the boss?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Hi
Serviced Green tractors last night, that’s as close to green beer I got.

Two weeks later finally got the shit fuck Subaru back from the shop to be told we can’t figure out why the awd didn’t work. They did find some harness issues and that’s why the electric parking brake and back up camera did t work. Now trying to make the decision on whether to keep or sell it. The inflated used car prices make me want to vomit. Might need to pull my 91 Si hatch out of the barn and get it going.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hi
Serviced Green tractors last night, that’s as close to green beer I got.

Two weeks later finally got the shit fuck Subaru back from the shop to be told we can’t figure out why the awd didn’t work. They did find some harness issues and that’s why the electric parking brake and back up camera did t work. Now trying to make the decision on whether to keep or sell it. The inflated used car prices make me want to vomit. Might need to pull my 91 Si hatch out of the barn and get it going.
Would have never figured you as a lesbian...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Why aren't you the boss?
I don't want that fucking headache. He works 7 days a week from early morning to late evening doing reports paying vendors, collecting fees, etc. I work 5 days do transports, handle client and employee issues but for the most part when my 10 hour day is done, It's done. From my perspective I am relaxed and having fun. He is always stressed, FUCK that shit.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I do not ski today

but rather work. Must be done sometimes. From home and 8-4:15 or so, at least

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great now we're going to be comparing REI rewards for the next 3 pages, look what you've started.

I wonder if there's any correlation to the other days credit score thread? :busted:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Damn. Cyclist dies after being struck by grader

what a terrible way to go. Not that being hit by any other vehicle would be better, but a grader is kind of gruesome. I saw on the news yesterday someone had been hit while cycling (it was a really nice, warm sunny day here), but I was curious why there was no information about the vehicle that hit her... makes sense given it was likely a city-contracted vehicle. I guess there's still lots of snow clearing equipment doing it's thing. I hate to use the expression "it's a good reminder" in this situation, but I guess that's what it is... gotta be careful out there.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Damn. Cyclist dies after being struck by grader

what a terrible way to go. Not that being hit by any other vehicle would be better, but a grader is kind of gruesome. I saw on the news yesterday someone had been hit while cycling (it was a really nice, warm sunny day here), but I was curious why there was no information about the vehicle that hit her... makes sense given it was likely a city-contracted vehicle. I guess there's still lots of snow clearing equipment doing it's thing. I hate to use the expression "it's a good reminder" in this situation, but I guess that's what it is... gotta be careful out there.
She had to have ran into it or into its path. I have ran blades for years and they are slow, unresponsive and very sloth like even in road gears. I doubt you could get a 770c up to 20mph in city streets. I think the title should read, cyclist dies after striking grader.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
She had to have ran into it or into its path. I have ran blades for years and they are slow, unresponsive and very sloth like even in road gears. I doubt you could get a 770c up to 20mph in city streets. I think the title should read, cyclist dies after striking grader.
Brown Hood, I think that’s a G. They top at 45.6 mph, and if the operator is anything like the city operators we have here they go as fast as they can through downtown. Although I would believe the hitting the grader story from the position of it in the article.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
not exactly the quietest pieces of machinery either....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Just got an email that I was elected to receive a long-term incentive award in addition to my annual bonuses through at least 2024, which is another 12.5%.

:fancy:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Brown Hood, I think that’s a G. They top at 45.6 mph, and if the operator is anything like the city operators we have here they go as fast as they can through downtown. Although I would believe the hitting the grader story from the position of it in the article.
But you would have to be banging gears and on it to reach those kind of speeds on city streets, not to mention its on a corner. Just doesnt add up to me is all I am saying, Bad deal no doubt.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I don't know man... I'm willing to wait to hear what the inquest says. Though my default position generally is that the bigger vehicle owes the duty of care to the smaller vehicle, in this case, my bet is it was a little more complicated than that.

But my guess is that there was a confluence of conditions that combined to cause this to happen: the roads are unusually brutal this thaw season for some reason - cracks, potholes, uneven surfaces are really really bad this year; there is still lots of ice patches from melting snowbanks that could have been hidden. She easily could have been trying to avoid or hit a pothole so deep it sent her OTB. That's a heavily urbanised part of town too, so roads will be narrow, cars will be parked all over the place, and there's likely a backlog of snow clearing to do since that was close to where the Tantrum Convoy set up it's HQ... just a whole shitstorm of conditions...

I shattered my elbow a few years ago riding through a pothole that was much deeper than it looked. It was behind a speed hump so I didn't see it till it was too late, and rode through it with straight elbows (rigid fork). it's just a shitty time of year to be riding a bike, and vehicles aren't used to them being around just yet.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I don't know man... I'm willing to wait to hear what the inquest says. Though my default position generally is that the bigger vehicle owes the duty of care to the smaller vehicle, in this case, my bet is it was a little more complicated than that.

But my guess is that there was a confluence of conditions that combined to cause this to happen: the roads are unusually brutal this thaw season for some reason - cracks, potholes, uneven surfaces are really really bad this year; there is still lots of ice patches from melting snowbanks that could have been hidden. She easily could have been trying to avoid or hit a pothole so deep it sent her OTB. That's a heavily urbanised part of town too, so roads will be narrow, cars will be parked all over the place, and there's likely a backlog of snow clearing to do since that was close to where the Tantrum Convoy set up it's HQ... just a whole shitstorm of conditions...

I shattered my elbow a few years ago riding through a pothole that was much deeper than it looked. It was behind a speed hump so I didn't see it till it was too late, and rode through it with straight elbows (rigid fork). it's just a shitty time of year to be riding a bike, and vehicles aren't used to them being around just yet.
yeah, will be interesting to hear the whole story, Literally the only thing a grader can do fast is stop. Everything else is pretty lethargic for those machines. The last blade I ran was brand spanking new and still took a long ways down the road to get through 3 or 4 forward gears and get up to a 20mph+ clip. I am sure the operator feels like shit tho.