Quantcast

>>>Day after Irish excessive drinking day GMT<<<

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My REI rewards are pi and nice

1E5930CC-D15B-43D6-AFC0-437890B3A0DD.jpeg

Costco rewards were a bumper crop this year what with house purchases. $474.90 >> $120 annual membership fee.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Drive over Berthoud was... Well heading down was really slow. Rolling in 1st gear w brakes.

Traffic going up the hill leaving was a fucking mess. You could debate if there were 1, 2, or holy hell, 3 lanes heading up. Out of state tags making up pretty much all of the uphill chaos. RWD truck just doing 70mph tire spins, blocking traffic to the point that the semi trucks got stopped and correspondingly stuck. 100yds back people are trying to direct out of the ice lane, while cars are still moving and they're just slamming on the brakes. Just idiots abound.

I expect we're skiing until lunch then fleeing early.

IMG_20220318_091808_01.jpg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yeah, will be interesting to hear the whole story, Literally the only thing a grader can do fast is stop. Everything else is pretty lethargic for those machines. The last blade I ran was brand spanking new and still took a long ways down the road to get through 3 or 4 forward gears and get up to a 20mph+ clip. I am sure the operator feels like shit tho.
I'm not suggesting he was going fast at all... I'd be pretty surprised if speed was a factor. It's just a shitty situation all round..

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Wife's out of town at some educator conference and keeps sending me pictures of the swanky hotel they put here up in. Let the dogs sleep on the bed, woke up with a 65lb Pitbull butt on my head FML.

that's it? our costco reward was over $800
What day do we compare our Amazon rewards? I think I can win that one.

If Jeff Bezos is a member here, you're welcome and can I have your ex wife's number?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
rei doesn't sell the quality of knives he wants
To the contrary, I own a slew of Benchmades I've bought from REI. A couple Bugouts, the Bushcrafter, a Mini Adamas, the S90V Saddle Mountain skinner.

They used to carry more Spyderco, which I might be tempted by, but they've largely dropped them. Buncha Gerber now, and I have 0 interest in any Gerbers.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I already own every knife from REI that I'd want to. :rofl:

Maybe a cooler. I don't have a decent cooler.
These work pretty awesome and fits anywhere you stuff it, mine is going on three years of abuse

What day do we compare our Amazon rewards? I think I can win that one.

If Jeff Bezos is a member here, you're welcome and can I have your ex wife's number?
The bulk of my rewards actually come in the form of miles on my Alaska airlines CC

I'm not suggesting he was going fast at all... I'd be pretty surprised if speed was a factor. It's just a shitty situation all round..
Totally, I was just referring to the point that in order to be "struck" by something it needs to be moving faster than you are. Just didnt make sense to me with my experience. Kind of like being hit by a train.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The bulk of my rewards actually come in the form of miles on my Alaska airlines CC
I like to switch cards every couple years when I get good bonuses and my needs change. Used to get a shit ton of free travel as a result of my Capital One card, but now with the kiddo and the camper we're not using travel rewards so we switched to the Amazon card and get a few grand in Amazon rewards every couple months. One day I want to be cool and retired like you and actually be able to use and airline credit card again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have about $20 in REI dividends, an REI gift card for $20, and with the 20% off coupon it could get spicy. Unfortunately most of the remaining items to change out or add to my pack are boutique shop items. So it will probably be a pair of shorts.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
we get i think 1% back on non-costco purchases too. we use it for basically everything.
Oh, you're counting Costco card rewards as well. Was wondering how you bought that much stuff from Costco itself.

Your 2021 Rewards Summary
You earned 360,678 points* and redeemed 389,006 points** with your Sapphire Reserve card.​
Here's how you've earned points:​
Congratulations on earning 360,678 points in 2021.

You earned the most points from travel purchases:

89,446 points​
I use Sapphire Reserve for everything except REI and Amazon, on their own cards, and added a Costco card a month or two ago for gas + Costco proper purchases.

Sapphire Reserve points redeem at 1.5 cents per point, for the record, when used against prior restaurant or travel purchases.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I go to Costco once a year for freezer pesto.

Must of slept on my shoulder wrong. My collarbone socket is sore as hell.

Went to my deceased buddies house to clean out crap so his widow can sell the place. Got a dose of black mold. Dammit. So much stuff to clean out still.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Please report back after, on the status of your toenail.
Well, ride is not done yet and was going to share a picture of the Roast Beef on a Hoagie Roll from mile 60 unplanned stop.

20220318_135114.jpg

Started reading teh Monkey and, my Sandwich got eaten before I could do one of those 'look at my food' uploads.

20220318_135125.jpg

#stillnotimpressedbutthatwassomegoodroastbeefonuhhoagieroll

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Not really up for a big hike or ride since I didn’t sleep well. But would be a mistake not to spend some time in the woods today. So I think I’ll hike, but find a nice little spot with a view and break out the camp chair and have a cup of tea, damnit.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
trying to get over this cold and I got migraine as icing on the cake. at least the new meds seem to work, even if I am off in space as a result.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To the contrary, I own a slew of Benchmades I've bought from REI. A couple Bugouts, the Bushcrafter, a Mini Adamas, the S90V Saddle Mountain skinner.

They used to carry more Spyderco, which I might be tempted by, but they've largely dropped them. Buncha Gerber now, and I have 0 interest in any Gerbers.
I have about a thousand dollars in company script only good at the company store. As I have no interest in company logo items or golf clubs I have little use for it. But recently saw they have a gentleman's shank. Decided it would be becoming of my rank if I need to cut a bitch during a meeting.

1647632245426.png

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have about a thousand dollars in company script only good at the company store. As I have no interest in company logo items or golf clubs I have little use for it. But recently saw they have a gentleman's shank. Decided it would be becoming of my rank if I need to cut a bitch during a meeting.

View attachment 173673
Nice, take down the biggest one first to assert your dominance

follow me for more recipes

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

View attachment 173673
Don't forget a backup. Never know when your primary might get lodged in a spine and force you to deploy your secondary.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
as anticipated my morning transports were a shit show. The add on that my boss tossed in over my objection (5 miles out of my way) turned out to be a cancellation. That was followed by a red light runner and almost getting sideswiped by a riced out WRX weaving through heavy freeway commute traffic at close to 100 mph.

anyways back home for breakfast and more coffee. I also just put together a doughball for making pizza tonight. It's resting in the fridge all oiled up in a covered proofing dish until this afternoon. back on the road in 45 minutes.
Had a sportbike + jackass flash up on me just over a small rise on the interstate, easy 100+mph. Chose to lane split inches between mine and a Subaru in the middle lane and proceed thusly into a major connector up the way. Nice chat with the 911 Operator though.