Quantcast

>@<Day before Food Coma GMT>@<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
turney is almost done Brining. Got a text from the CEO that I do not have to work Thursday through Sunday....looks like a 3 day road trip to the mountains for some snow shoeing may be in order. It would be four except that we are ooking the turkey for her familys get together.

Otherwise my coffee is damn good this morning, thank you very much

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Cold and sunny. this is not conducive to melting that shitty white stuff that has accumulated on the trails. :disgust:

youngest kid is coughing up a lung. but there's no fever and no runny nose, so it's off to daycare he goes... but I'm dreading "the call". Hopefully they get to play outside a lot today and that helps clear out the crap.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Nothing is freakier than seeing 5 white tails at dusk while riding during hunting season. I was rocking some orange, but still freaks me out. Didn't get shot at, so all is well.

Tomorrow is the greatest day of the year. It starts with a very cold and long bike ride in the woods, followed by a few beers, then a huge dinner with pie and some football watching while wearing elastic waist band pants.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Nothing is freakier than seeing 5 white tails at dusk while riding during hunting season. I was rocking some orange, but still freaks me out. Didn't get shot at, so all is well.

Tomorrow is the greatest day of the year. It starts with a very cold and long bike ride in the woods, followed by a few beers, then a huge dinner with pie and some football watching while wearing elastic waist band pants.
There are hunting and gun restrictions where I ride due to being alongside an AFB, if you dont see deer this time of year you haven't been riding for more than 5 minutes. These deer know where to be during hunting season.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've been meaning to get some blaze orange, but i wear other bright colors that stand out this time of year (electric blue, etc). i also use my headlight if riding morning / evening just in case, because deer don't have headlights.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
scary incident happened to a coworker of mine at trails we normally ride. he had an arrow come within 2 feet of his head while riding. turns out it was some girl in probably her 20's using a crossbow, hunting with what my buddy assumed was her father (older husband?). when they realized what happend them came of out the brush freaking out and apologizing. my buddy laid into them royally, despite them continually apologizing. he rode up the hill a little bit when he was done and pulled out his phone. they were still in view and saw him do this, and took off. they probably assumed he was calling the game commissioner; he didn't but should have.

i had to look up the regulations after this, because it used to be in PA that only the elderly / handicapped could hunt with a crossbow. that law apparently changed last year. probably a mistake.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Survived my operation yesterday so I will see another turkey day.
Try not to feel up your new boobs constantly, eh.

I rode in. 30 degrees and it felt every bit the same. I shall be switching to my winter boots (on the flat side of my pedals), ski gloves, and adding a balaclava for future efforts.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
he had an arrow come within 2 feet of his head while riding.
That is quite upsetting. To die by someone else's incompetence (and possibly buried in a shallow grave in some dude's hog farm) would be a buzzkill.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Breakfast and teh coffeez out with wife and kid. Rare treat given my schedule. Turkey is taking it's salt bath, got to fire up the smoker at the crack of dawn tomorrow so I can have it at my brothers house in Denver by noon tomorrow. I shouldn't have to set an alarm and get up early on a holiday. :disgust1: It may be nap time now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
for thanksigiving, having all the family to my place, however, no cooking shall be done. last year the wife and kid and i went to this local "country club" restaurant (open to the public, reasonably priced and good food) for thanksgiving dinner. $25, buffet (bar extra). food was much better than we expected. so we are all going there.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
for thanksigiving, having all the family to my place, however, no cooking shall be done. last year the wife and kid and i went to this local "country club" restaurant (open to the public, reasonably priced and good food) for thanksgiving dinner. $25, buffet (bar extra). food was much better than we expected. so we are all going there.
As befitting my monocle-life we're catering our Thanksgiving dinner this year. Last year was via Whole Foods, this year via Five Eggs, a local company. I am thankful that I can afford shit like this. :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
scary incident happened to a coworker of mine at trails we normally ride. he had an arrow come within 2 feet of his head while riding. turns out it was some girl in probably her 20's using a crossbow, hunting with what my buddy assumed was her father (older husband?). when they realized what happend them came of out the brush freaking out and apologizing. my buddy laid into them royally, despite them continually apologizing. he rode up the hill a little bit when he was done and pulled out his phone. they were still in view and saw him do this, and took off. they probably assumed he was calling the game commissioner; he didn't but should have.

i had to look up the regulations after this, because it used to be in PA that only the elderly / handicapped could hunt with a crossbow. that law apparently changed last year. probably a mistake.
I was out night riding solo and came around a corner to find a dude in camo with a bow and flashlight. Keep in mind this is kind of Deliverance type local. We exchanged some pleasantries in Bubba Speak as I passed. Creepy, very creepy.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I was out night riding solo and came around a corner to find a dude in camo with a bow and flashlight. Keep in mind this is kind of Deliverance type local. We exchanged some pleasantries in Bubba Speak as I passed. Creepy, very creepy.
Was he jacking deer or can you night hunt by bow in your part of the Earth?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Came to work without my "assault rifle" today.

Jam session got canceled, yesterday. Ended up eating at The Rainbow and having a cocktail. No Lem's ghost sightings.

Out of work in a few. Hook wedding on the beach in a few hours. Gonna help some friends tie the knot, by tying some knots.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
leaving for inlaw's...screw in unpatchable/unplugable part of tire....waiting on new tire to be installed...delay will create a drive with much traffic...oh well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Try not to feel up your new boobs constantly, eh.

I rode in. 30 degrees and it felt every bit the same. I shall be switching to my winter boots (on the flat side of my pedals), ski gloves, and adding a balaclava for future efforts.

Pretty sure a bullet passed between a buddy and myself while hanging out on a snowy ridge line on the East side if the cascades. Rifle crack followed what sounded like a super fast cicada that had flown between us.

We now always joke that we are living bonus days whenever about to pursue questionable choices.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got my ass run ragged by dispatch today, cooking up some pasta then I need to pull the turkey out of the brine, rinse and dry it then add the under skin herb rub and stash it back in the fridge for the butt crack of dawn toss it in the oven ritual.

need a beer

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I hope you're all drunk. I'm working on it.
Getting that way. Just got home from dropping of a loose, unleashed, unchipped (as it turned out) pitbull that attacked us while out on a walk to the humane society. Attack might be too strong of a word, just ran up as soon as it saw us, but both my dogs went super defensive, and the end result was a dog fight, lots of blood, mostly dog, but a little of mine, and a screaming little girl. Fortunately the neighbors came out pretty quick. Now I'm scratched up, sore, and I feel like shit for taking what turned out to be an otherwise pretty friendly dog to the pound. :(