Quantcast

~~day before the day before ~~~

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I just took both girls karting indoors. Hannah's second time there, 5th time in a kart. Faster than Haley's 5th time by 2sec/lap. 33 vs 35 sec. Haley was 1.5yrs older, so quite a bit stronger too. Record is 25.377 for context. Most kids walking in are driving 32-35sec... And they are 9-12.

How do I not tell Wifey that Hannah has talent too? Because she will fucking smother me if Hannah decides that she wants to race karts instead of gymnastics, swimming, soccer, etc.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Was it trying to touch your danger zone?

I've been going to the Keys since before they built the new bridge and it gets worse every time I go. It was magical at one time though. It really was.
I was trying to decommission a manifold of solenoid valves and didn't understand the correct steps for removing the solenoid off the valve stem. Hammer FTW - it didnt work anyways and I figured out the correct way. I'd already mushroomed the end of the stem enough to fuck it all up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, we just got home. We told her about the boys in NASCAR attire who were very unhappy about Haley handing them their asses substantially and how they were also not happy about Hannah being about the same speed, because of how young she is. She was in Haley's old helmet, gloves, and collar, so she looked like a regular driver.

1000004093.jpg

Hannah told her it was fun, but complained that she was slow because she couldn't keep up with Haley. Even though she was passing a bunch of kids (she lapped them, not passed them), she said she was slow. Wifey just kind of positively laughed it off. The seed is set. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I just took both girls karting indoors. Hannah's second time there, 5th time in a kart. Faster than Haley's 5th time by 2sec/lap. 33 vs 35 sec. Haley was 1.5yrs older, so quite a bit stronger too. Record is 25.377 for context. Most kids walking in are driving 32-35sec... And they are 9-12.

How do I not tell Wifey that Hannah has talent too? Because she will fucking smother me if Hannah decides that she wants to race karts instead of gymnastics, swimming, soccer, etc.
You're like the Ballad of Ricky Bobby but not full on white trash

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy Hell Monkeys.

I got the wifey a newish computer to replace the oldie I passed down when she started WFH. It came with 16G of RAM so I got 16 more to help it out. The installed memory was in slot 1 and 3. I moved it to 1 and 2 and installed the new RAM in 3 and 4. Bitch wouldn't boot. Pulled the new RAM, it boots in 1 and 2. Put new RAM in 1 and 2, it boots. Put old RAM in 3 and 4, now I have 32G and it saw it on boot. WTF? :panic:

Rain tomorrow and Monday.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
hey buddy!

I don't know what purpose that could possibly serve but good to see ya and merry christmas
Seemed obvious to me, but I'm mechanically inclined. 'Tis to keep syringes in place/upright while bleeding brakes. I always just strategically clamped them or tucked them behind spokes, but a buddy sent a similar, modern day "third hand" brake tool someone online was printing and selling. Seemed moderately useful with some changes and an hour of design/setup time.