Quantcast

~~~Day off and Travel GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

My sister-in-law is getting married tomorrow, and BigT is in the wedding, so we have the day off and are traveling to Leominster today.

Since I've returned from RI, I have been working out on a regular basis (thanks BigT) and I've lost a little of the bulk I put on while in RI.

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning thread, monkeys! You're all probably asking yourselves why I have not posted in the GMT yet today. I know I am. Well I was out RIDING. HOORAY! I hit the road at 6:30 this morning before the 102 degree heat hits. Did 33 miles at a 17.1 mph pace. Holy humid...my clothes were completely soaked in sweat. Did I mention how much I love my new road bike? So now I sit here with Le Tour on, sipping my morning coffee, getting ready to head to MBC's company picnic where I will spend six hours stuffing my fat face full of food in between softball, volleyball, and lounging in the pool. I think I enjoy the wife's company picnic more than she does. Pretty good day IMO.

We were supposed to pick up our new foster dog tomorrow, but that's been delayed until Sunday on account of it being too hot today to transport dogs from Florida in a trailer.

Y'all stay cool now.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Finally getting a night at home without someone coming for dinner or staying over this week. Very happy about that.

I just want to be off work already. Sucks because my day here only started 13 min ago.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Last night was cruiser ride night so it was the usual rolling party. Cops only got called on us once!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Yessssss! It's supposed to be over 70 for the next 3 days! Woo hoo! Going to check out a trail I didn't know about this weekend that is supposed to be pretty twisty-bermy-sweet. Can't wait! Also get a date with the love of my life tomorrow and the in-laws will hang out with the kiddo, then friends coming up to the cabin for some BBQ and celebration of sunshine in the PNW!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
haha that was pre-coffee. I obviously needed it. haha

I feel you on the work thing. Really looking forward to my vacation to Whistler at the beginning of next month.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hey yo! just checking in... stopped by to get some feedback on a bike.

Everybody good? Everything well?

holy crap... just noticed I've been on RM for 10 years!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
my first week of being a cubicle jocky again is hard, but not as bad as sucking lunch through a tube in my nose, so i think i'll probably return on monday with a smile.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
[rant]

I just had some chick double park / block me in at the local sandwich place near my work. It took me a few minutes to find her because she was on her phone and not paying attention when I asked around nicely.

When she finally was like, "oh... yeah that is my car". I politely let her know she is blocking me and 2 other cars in (she parked her car behind 3 parking spots). She replied "You don't have to be a dick about it and well, you are parked in my spot", to which I let her know that it is free public parking for the business. She then tried to justify it by saying she lived right across the street. I again let her know that it is a public parking spot and it is not hers even though she thinks it is. She told me that shes had a bad week and doesn't need me to be a dick to her.

At this point, I let her know that I really don't care and that she needs to move her illegally parked car before I call the cops and have it towed. She looked at me like shes never had anyone talk to her this way before as she continued to stand and wait for her order. I told her again to PLEASE move her car and finally she slowly walked over glaring at me the whole time and finally moved it.

cunt. Now I know where 'your' spot is. Watch out.

[/rant]

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
[rant]

I just had some chick double park / block me in at the local sandwich place near my work. It took me a few minutes to find her because she was on her phone and not paying attention when I asked around nicely.

When she finally was like, "oh... yeah that is my car". I politely let her know she is blocking me and 2 other cars in (she parked her car behind 3 parking spots). She replied "You don't have to be a dick about it and well, you are parked in my spot", to which I let her know that it is free public parking for the business. She then tried to justify it by saying she lived right across the street. I again let her know that it is a public parking spot and it is not hers even though she thinks it is. She told me that shes had a bad week and doesn't need me to be a dick to her.

At this point, I let her know that I really don't care and that she needs to move her illegally parked car before I call the cops and have it towed. She looked at me like shes never had anyone talk to her this way before as she continued to stand and wait for her order. I told her again to PLEASE move her car and finally she slowly walked over glaring at me the whole time and finally moved it.

cunt. Now I know where 'your' spot is. Watch out.

[/rant]
Man... a case of the Mondays on Friday? That sucks.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Haha right?! Next time I go there, maybe I will ask for some throw away animal parts (the sandwich place is also butcher shop) and those might find their way into her open windows, door handles, and windshield.
hell if she is a santa cruz chick do her a favor and spray patchouli oil all over the interior and appy a rainbow sticker to the bumper, I'm sure she would like that....:rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mellow (Jobless) Day #57:
Woke up late and did my Crossfit workout. Hit the farmers market for some fresh peaches, nectarines and tomatoes. Went by the garden center to get more pots for my herb/veggie garden. I had too many plants per pot and had to spread them out a bit. I also picked up some snow peas, which i built a trestle for, and mint. I think I'm going to get a few more pots for some year-round carrots and greens.
I'm making some ciabatta bread to have with our sandwiches mid-hike tomorrow.

It's kind of funny because despite me not working, we are able to live near the same lifestyle because it doesn't cost me $600/month to just go to work. We're also able to save more money on groceries and eat healthier, so we are eating less. Our food bill has also gone done by almost 40% too. Adding time to do Crossfit at home and that's another $120/month for the gym.

It's shocking that we are spending less monthly based solely on me not working and doing errands sans car. My accounting is showing that we are actually saving almost $1500/month by me not working. That plus my unemployment actually puts us at roughly what we were making before, but not pulling so much into savings.

It really is scary how much we, as people, pay to work in this country.