Quantcast

Day trip to WG...7/8/06

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I might be able to go on Sunday if I get my fork back in time?can't go on Saturday,I've got a shooting match on saturday(guns,guns)

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
oh yeah make sure that the lift is open. if so it looks like i'm in for the day! man it will be nice to finally push the preston for the first time!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
just got off the phone with wintergreen and it doesn't look like the lift will be running do to repairs that are needed. they have the parts but do't have an ETA on the completion of the repairs yet. (sounded kinda soon thuogh)

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yeah they said that the shuttle was up and running.

How is the shuttle servce there anyway?

if its good them i might still be in. only time and money will tell in the end though.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I got charged $17 for the shuttle this past weekend. I talked to a few others and some were getting the $35 bone.

They were running 2 trucks on sunday and it worked out good. I parked up top but it would be better to park at the bottom.

All of the trails with the exception of a couple spots were in great condition. There was a fallen tree on one trail we built up with rocks. The trail dudes were informed and said they'd clear it this week.

I want to go back this year but I'll wait on definite word that the lift is running.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Sir_Crackien and I are a definite for Saturday. I think VT_mtbr is going with her boyfriend. He just got his first downhill bike. :thumb:

Thats gonna be fun!

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Hey, I'm interested but not sure if I want to spend half my day driving just to ride shuttles... Is it worth it? I'm coming from Arlington/DC.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'm skipping Dark Mountain due to having to work today.

What time is the Richmond crew rolling out?

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
is the shuttle service fast? in other words, how long do you have to wait for the shuttle and how long does it take to get to the top?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Tattooo said:
I'm skipping Dark Mountain due to having to work today.

What time is the Richmond crew rolling out?
Looks like were rolling out at 8:00. If your rollin this way, we can meet up. I'm right off of 95.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Looking at the directions it seems as if I go around on 295. But I am sure this can be amended.

Sorry can't pick up phone, at work right now.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I will roll from here before 7, get up your way right before 8 I figure. Will call from the road. That way I can also throw one more bike in the back if need be, and I can bail when I need to. Most likely going to ride from 10 to around 3, then head back to Norfolk.