Quantcast

Day2 :No coffee expirament

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I don't always drink coffee on weekends and I don't get headaches. I skipped coffee for a few days during the work week a few months ago to see what would happen. I got a headache around 2pm.

I think it might just be a tired headache though. Today I came in later, didn't have coffee for several hours because I wasn't tired and didn't get a headache.

You can have your coffee, but don't take away my beer!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I still felt burnt out after getting off of work today. I was hoping that feeling was due to a coffee crash. guess not. :rant:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Try weening yourself off by switching to some chai or black tea. Use just 1 bag and it's about half as strong as coffee. I'd make like 32 oz of tea with 1 bag and then ice what was left of it for lunch.

I got totally off coffee for about 6 months in '08. This year though it's making a comeback. I've had 1 small cup of really good strong coffee a day for the last 2-3 weeks.

Downsides:
- 3 days of bad headaches (come on at about 2:00, first day I had to go home cuz it was so bad)
- Less motivation first half of the day
- Not very talkative in the AM
- Never know when first sh!t of the day will be (could be 10:00AM, could be 10:00PM)

Upsides:
- Less office farts
- Mouth doesn't taste like coffee
- No 3:00 monster crash
good advice.

& yeah...i didn't get **** done today & every time I started working on a design for a new campaign at work my mind was off in the woods somewhere. I bet I sleep like a baby tonight though.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I broke cold turkey from the coffee and all stimulants about a month ago. Had some wicked headaches, but now feeling pretty good. No energy spikes or crashes...yet.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
give up weed next.
Can we get a ban here? :disgust1:

Fvck all that quitting nonsense! I am drinking MORE coffee, smoking MORE weed,and drinking MORE beer!!!!!!! C'mon you pvssies, try and keep up! :pirate2:

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
At least you had the choice to quit/cut back your coffee. I was drpped from my normal 7-10 cups a day to one at max. Damned doctors taking away all the foods and drinks I like, and stuffing me with pills that dont induce any good "side effects".

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I love coffee.
I do too. That is the problem.

Today is much better....so far. although I slept 7:30 (have to be in at work @ 8). only had one beer last night & that was it. I think coffee makes me want to drink like a barfly.

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
Can we get a ban here? :disgust1:

Fvck all that quitting nonsense! I am drinking MORE coffee, smoking MORE weed,and drinking MORE beer!!!!!!! C'mon you pvssies, try and keep up! :pirate2:

At least SOMEONE here is being rational. The greatest combination of things to consume is beer, coffee, weed, and... lots of peanut butter. It truly is the breakfast of champions.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I take my coffee black, like my men.

Man, i just saw this thread and automatically felt like i had to take a terd.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Day #4. I can safely say I am over the wicked withdrawal symptoms all though I went for a ride this AM & my legs felt like lead.

Only had 1 cup of green tea before i switched to lemon zinger. I may have a cup of joe this weekend just to enjoy the jolt.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Day #4. I can safely say I am over the wicked withdrawal symptoms all though I went for a ride this AM & my legs felt like lead.

Only had 1 cup of green tea before i switched to lemon zinger. I may have a cup of joe this weekend just to enjoy the jolt.
I gave up booze cold turkey...nothing will take my coffee!! From my cold dead hands!