Quantcast

Day2 :No coffee expirament

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Number of people dead=2 (1 being me but I think that is just how I feel)
Minutes late to work=5
Number of cups of green tea consumed=2
Number of co-workers bitch-slapped=3 inevitably more to come
Rating of headache I am experiencing now= 6.75 & rising.

Is it worth it?
Ask me at the end of the week.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I gotta poo just from all of this talk of coffee. Man, my back is sweating just thinking about it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've actually cut in half the amount of coffee I was drinking. I used to have a large cup for my drive into work (16oz), and another around 11:00. I've stopped having that second cup. I am still pooping just the same.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Lack of coffee obviously leads to deterioration of spelling.
I can't find it. Need coffee. :dead:

Why you say?
I don't like being dependent on substances, for health reasons, just to see how the other half lives, it is expensive, just to see if I can, I like torturing myself, ****, I forgot the other reasons. Need coffee.:twitch:
It is not for good either just an experiment. But who knows....once this bloody headache goes away I may not go back. :shocked:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Wait, you're cutting out coffee but still able to get caffeine through tea? LAME! Go cold turkey and experience the hell only a chemical addiction can cause.
No f'n way. Tapering down is bad enough.

Leppah-dude, that sweating comment was gross. Get in line for a bitch slap (the line is loooong BTW :D)

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sorry to hear your lament... I drink coffee every day but don't have any problem if I go a few days without it. I wonder why? :think:
you not human.

I think I have been overdoing it lately with it being May sweeps & all. After I prove I can go without & this damn headache dissipates I think I will go back to drinking a reasonable amount.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
you not human.

I think I have been overdoing it lately with it being May sweeps & all. After I prove I can go without & this damn headache dissipates I think I will go back to drinking a reasonable amount.
Heroin is good for a headache.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I lost my love of coffee last month. I have not had coffee in a month. I have loved coffee and I don't what happened its really strange.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I lost my love of coffee last month. I have not had coffee in a month. I have loved coffee and I don't what happened its really strange.
I could no longer handle the black paint thinner that passes for coffee at work. Found some nice green tea in place, a nice moderate lift compared to the roller coaster ride coffee provides.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I could no longer handle the black paint thinner that passes for coffee at work. Found some nice green tea in place, a nice moderate lift compared to the roller coaster ride coffee provides.
Get your own coffee press, thats what I did

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
& green tea doesn't make your pee stink.

Thanks for the support :monkey:'s. today has been like that scene in Trainspotting where Ian MacGreggor locks himself in his bedroom trying to kick his skag habit. :clapping:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Get your own coffee press, thats what I did

Like I said, I feel much better without coffee. Better hydrated and no roller coaster energy levels. Not to mention that when I really need a kick in the ass coffee will actually do something for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I cut the volume of coffee I drink a day, but make it twice as strong so the amount of caffeine is the same. I piss less.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
to see if you can.
Been out since Friday. Been doing good. I don't smoke as much anymore, since I don't have a regular "guy". Went for 3 weeks recently. Not too bad really & it wasn't that hard. Of course I had moments where I wanted a sticky nug to puff on but I can honestly say quitting coffee has been WAY worse.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Try weening yourself off by switching to some chai or black tea. Use just 1 bag and it's about half as strong as coffee. I'd make like 32 oz of tea with 1 bag and then ice what was left of it for lunch.

I got totally off coffee for about 6 months in '08. This year though it's making a comeback. I've had 1 small cup of really good strong coffee a day for the last 2-3 weeks.

Downsides:
- 3 days of bad headaches (come on at about 2:00, first day I had to go home cuz it was so bad)
- Less motivation first half of the day
- Not very talkative in the AM
- Never know when first sh!t of the day will be (could be 10:00AM, could be 10:00PM)

Upsides:
- Less office farts
- Mouth doesn't taste like coffee
- No 3:00 monster crash